Schedule for apagons?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
My ama de llaves told me this morning that there is now a schedule for power outages in the Sosua area.

The word is that power will be off in the morning Monday, Thursday, and Saturday this week and then it will flip next week.

Suspicious as I am of anything Dominican that claims to be "scheduled," I am wondering if anybody else has heard anything that confirms this.

I thought of sticking it in with the thread about the outage in POP today for maintenance, but decided this is a different issue and deserving of its own thread.

Any information greatly appreciated.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
schedule for blackouts can be found here: Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE
normally they kinda keep within the set hours with slight extension. say, they announce scheduled blackout from 2 pm to 6 pm. expect the power to go off around 1 pm and comeback at 7 pm.
you will need to know the distributor (for sosua it's edenorte). province is puerto plata. sector will be name of a barrio. circuit is listed on the bill.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we now have 24 hr power (apart from today, that is) but the schedule used to be quite reliable for our previous sector. normally there should be some reason in the madness and blackouts alternate: one day power's out in the morning, next day in the afternoon and so on.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
schedule for blackouts can be found here: Portal de Circuitos - CDEEE
normally they kinda keep within the set hours with slight extension. say, they announce scheduled blackout from 2 pm to 6 pm. expect the power to go off around 1 pm and comeback at 7 pm.
you will need to know the distributor (for sosua it's edenorte). province is puerto plata. sector will be name of a barrio. circuit is listed on the bill.

Who is the supplier for Cabrera

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I use the Edesur website to check our schedule, and it's usually pretty close. Then I schedule my heavy use appliances [washer, breadmaker, etc.] around it. Everything else runs off the inverter.

One of these YEARS we'll have our Generac up and actually running - tech is coming on Saturday, fingers crossed.