Anyone familiar with land pricing in Bonao?

dreamtime

Nov 14, 2014
Hello,

I'm interested in discussing land pricing in Bonao. Is anyone knowledgeable in that area?

Thanks.

S

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
What size plot are you interested in… what would you plant?

Bonao is land to plenty of forestry plantations because of all the rain year round.

Right now it has plenty of rice fields, but these are expended not to be sustainable once DR-CAFTA enters into full effect and rice becomes cheaper to import than to produce locally. The rice fields also contaminate the environment because they require chemical fertilizers.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Bring your boots as the whole place floods on a regular basis. Be prepared to be the only gringo for miles around. Make sure you are armed as crime is rampant and as a gringo you are a prime target. Never lived in a worse spot in my life. In an effort to find something positive Bonao does have good mountain motorcycling.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Zoom, thanks for the heads up about Bonao. Didnt know it was so poorly rated. I am been staying here with my girlfriend for about a month. No I didnt select the town... it is where she is from. Maybe I am in the ? better part of town? but it seems about as safe or unsafe as any other typical town in RD. The apartment is very nice and for only 7000 per month rent why would any gringo buy here.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
just my opinion. Lived there for about six months and really did not like it as you surmise. Its just agricultural DR in the middle of nowhere. Not a fan of flooding. I like living up the hill. Have you noticed you are the only gringo? People used to stare at me. Wife laughed and said they never see blue eyes. Made me uncomfortable. Ended up in Sosua and love it. Plus we have an ocean , well a bay, but the ocean is close by.

dreamtime

Nov 14, 2014
Wow. Some strong comments about Bonao. I find it safe as can be. People are friendly and I haven't seen crime at all. I imagine you had a bad time here because of the obvious reasons a gringo would have an unfulfilling time in the Dr.

dreamtime

Nov 14, 2014
Also, the weather is perfect too. It does not rain every day either or all the time. Unless its rainy season which means its supposed to rain.

dreamtime

Nov 14, 2014
Rice fields don't require chemicals. Its just that they don't know his to do organic agriculture here. Rice fields are not specific to Bonao.

The foothills are literally next to the town. The rivers are all over and waterfalls too. The nature is gorgeous.

dreamtime

Nov 14, 2014
Land is for growing things. Like organic produce of items the locals don't grow here. Kale, collard greens, special green lettuce mixes, certain squashes, etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Trying to get to 10 posts in one day???????????????????????
What are your, "Obvious Reasons" a "Gringo" might not "like the DR"???????????????????
"ONE MAN'S PLEASURE, MIGHT BE ANOTHER MAN'S PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Wow. Some strong comments about Bonao. I find it safe as can be. People are friendly and I haven't seen crime at all. I imagine you had a bad time here because of the obvious reasons a gringo would have an unfulfilling time in the Dr.

In other words, no, no one here has any actual knowledge on land pricing. But that clearly isn't stopping the peanut gallery from chiming in with all sorts of information you didn't ask for. And yet you're accused of trying to pad *your* post count.

Welcome to DR1.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
In other words, no, no one here has any actual knowledge on land pricing. But that clearly isn't stopping the peanut gallery from chiming in with all sorts of information you didn't ask for. And yet you're accused of trying to pad *your* post count.

Welcome to DR1.
I was living near Piedra Blanca for quite a period upto 2013 and land prices are totally negotiable.

I can't offer any advice on land or property in Bonao itself but small plots including typical block and tin roof properties in the small villages on sell for a pittance. I was regularly offered this or that house for sums as low as US6000.

Tarea prices in the campo tended to be about 100,000RD but again negotiable depending on size and they always start high for the gringo. Yes US$2 to US$7 per square meter is good for campo land prices.

There is a development selling plots of land to people from the capital looking to build a country property with security power water and road infrastructure on the SD side of Piedra Blanca in the forest in the hills overlooking some beautiful country and they sell lots of anything from 2500m2 with title...about 4 tareas from US17m2........price a few years back. If you know the area.......a couple of miles before you enter Piedra Blanca on autopista Duarte you pass through a wooded area on the decline....the place is up there to the right and access is on the right as you get to the bottom of the hill and the carriageways rejoin.

Frankly the whole area from La Vega, Bonao, Piedra Blanca to Maimon has some wonderful countryside.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013

I think most gringos like Bonao, as the girls are nice there..

Just because you havent seen crime doesnt mean it is not there!

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Also, the weather is perfect too. It does not rain every day either or all the time. Unless its rainy season which means its supposed to rain.

Dont buy no land or house in Bonao unless you know how it is when it rains and the floodings begin.. Honestly it rains too much there in order to find the weather perfect.