Any reviews on Blue Jack Tar?

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
What a weird name for a hotel.

It sounds like it has recently re-open after renovations of an older hotel. There is not too much info about it online but the few reviews out there seem to give it 4-5 stars consistently. It seems like it is a quieter place, not all inclusive but with a good breakfast.

The place is small, the pool is small but supposedly good service and clean.

Any first hand reviews?

mustang88

Jun 19, 2010
you are right creature..............i think that it was one of the first a.i.s in the playa dorada complex.......at on time was jack tar village......and went thru many name changes over the years....when i stayed there about 8 years ago, it wast called holiday village golden beach......had a wave pool and good kids club.....so yes, geared to families.....walked by it last year, and it looks as though they have put some money into it and geared it to adults....but i did not stop in

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I stayed there in April of 2013. Below I copied and pasted my trip advisor review!

“Modern with great potential for more”
4 of 5 starsReviewed April 19, 2013
This property is a not an all inclusive although a complete, real and well done breakfast is included for two. The breakfast lounge (also the restaurant by day) has a great view of the peaceful lawns. The beach area is right over the lawns and it was spectacularly tranquil with great canopy beach beds. Only a couple of other guest were there as the hotel was sparsely occupied.

The room was great, really well finished with flat screen tv and comfortable mattress. Great hot water and quiet ac and fan.
FYI.... I arrived driving my own vehicle instead of in a taxi/shuttle and Security at the front entrance seem protective and maybe a bit abrupt, since they thought I was a local but thats probably just me nitpicking. Overall it was good, prompt service by all. I recommend this place when gotten at the right price and I will be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Value
5 of 5 stars Location
5 of 5 stars Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Service
Was this review helpful?Yes1

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Lucrecia P, Front Office Manager at Blue JackTar, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review about Blue JackTar. Your comments motivate us to continue offering a better service to all our current and future guests.

Sincerely
Management

brandyh

Feb 27, 2015
Last time we were there, It was alright,I would rate it a 3 star. However I did hear they remodeled.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Be very sceptical of ANY review web site.
I knew one hotel very well. TA just republished the total BS the owner had put in his web site.
No one is perfect. So read the negative parts of the review. If can live with the bad things go for it.
No bad statements? It could be a BS review.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
JackTar came from a nickname for sailors in the Royal Navy. Don't know how it ended up on the north coast though.

They're doing a lot renovating and building at Blue Jacktar.

Jack Tar is the name of a hotel chain. they have hotels in the USA and in Cancun and Montego Bay.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The OP is all over the map, from cabanas to Field of Dreams!
Lemme guess, he has a Prix Fixe novia, and wants to taste the smorgasbord as well.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
All of the above is outdated info. No longer an AI. The new condo building is a highrise you can see from Star Hill, very upscale lavish decor, we've only toured, not stayed there. The restaurant is excellent nice view of the beach & the golf course. I have read the Brugal family are major investors in the new resort.