Bus from Santo Domingo to Las Terranas?

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I am currently in SD and want to take a bus to Las Terranas. I used Caribe Tours in the past to go to Samana but they don't have Las Terranas on their schedule.
Can someone tell me what bus company goes to Las Terranas? Thanks.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am currently in SD and want to take a bus to Las Terranas. I used Caribe Tours in the past to go to Samana but they don't have Las Terranas on their schedule.
Can someone tell me what bus company goes to Las Terranas? Thanks.

Transporte Las Terrenas. They leave SD at 8:30, 9:30, 11AM and 1:40 and 3PM. Here is their number in SD, 809-6871470. They stop a couple of times before getting on the SD/Samana highway. From there is a quick ride. Probably all together about 3 hrs and they will drop you across from Plaza Peseo in LT.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I take the 1:40 bus when I'm in the DR. It is the larger of the buses, which I'd describe as a large gua gua. It's comfortable, but, it's not as good quality as the CT and does not have a restroom on board. It also does not have an overactive air conditioning system. It's inexpensive and convenient and will get you to LT in less than 3 hours.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Also, unless things have changed, CT does not go all the way to LT. You have to go to Sanchez and then either taxi [expensive] or take a gua gua over the mountain to LT.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I take the 1:40 bus when I'm in the DR. It is the larger of the buses, which I'd describe as a large gua gua. It's comfortable, but, it's not as good quality as the CT and does not have a restroom on board. It also does not have an overactive air conditioning system. It's inexpensive and convenient and will get you to LT in less than 3 hours.

Is there enough room on the bus for suitcases? As you describe the vehicle it seems a little small. Thank you.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The best way I have to answer that one is that there is more room for your suitcases than a regular gua gua but not as much as the luggage compartment of a CT bus. It depends on how much luggage you're talking about.