A Kid Deprived of a Fortune and a Dignified Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
phoca_thumb_l_Pedro-Justo-Carrion-del-Rico.jpg

Pedro Justo Carri?n

Its unbelievable that Pedro Justo Carri?n's fortune of almost US$100 million after his death was completely destroyed by his son Titico. Don Pedro became rich via his San Pedro de Macoris based company that produced products that became household names in the eastern DR, including the Macorix rums.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_475x336.jpg

His son, Titico, inherited the business and then sold it and used the fortune to live a wild life. That guy was definitely crazy not just for spending almost US$100 million and depriving his children of an inheritance, but he also gave one of his son a name that was probably a source of bullying.

James-Bond-e1345640769497.jpg

(James Bond Zero Zero Seven Carrion Vargas)

One can only guess how Don Pedro would had felt had he known what his son was going to do with the fruit of his life long passion and to some of his grandchildren. They would had been among the richest Dominican kids but instead know only poverty.

Titico also named a daughter Lambotusa, a combination of Lamborghini and Lotus, two cars he owned at the time of her birth.

Why are people allowed to name their kids in such crazy ways?

That should be considered psychological abuse and parental neglect!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I have read somewhere that 70% of inheritance is lost by the second generation and 95% by the third generation ... maybe the numbers are not exact, but the article was along those lines...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You can call me Upsias Ganban if you're leaving me ridiculous amounts of money, very easy to change it for $50. I think more importantly is how can a person be allowed to blow such huge amounts of money when they have responsability. A sectioning claus should be applied to such amounts.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
His son, Titico, inherited the business and then sold it and used the fortune to live a wild life. That guy was definitely crazy not just for spending almost US$100 million and depriving his children of an inheritance

he owed his kids nothing. he did not "deprive" them of inheritance. he spent his money as he wanted. kudos.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
he owed his kids nothing. he did not "deprive" them of inheritance. he spent his money as he wanted. kudos.

If your husbands parents had done the same would you have the comfortable middle class life that you have ?

My parents have their faults but they bought me a condo in SD and gave me the down payment to buy our first place in Miramar Fl back in 2004. My life, my wife's life (Anglo from Florida) and my children's life has been blessed due to their planning and prudence. My own hard work will hopefully even add to this family legacy.

This moron is a complete idiot who has shown he doesnt care for his family.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's his parents' money. what they want to do with it is their business.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
parents could do far worse things. i hate when people are so eager to spend the money of others. take a seat. it's not your call.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Did you not marry into money, or at least security in DR?

Hearsay and so is likely untrue, but if it is then would you have the security in the DR you have now?

Again, this is a question derived from second hand gossip, I dunno!

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
parents could do far worse things. i hate when people are so eager to spend the money of others. take a seat. it's not your call.

I agree to a point but only a reptile or someone without human compassion could callously watch his family fall into poverty while he wastes tens of millions. I feel pity for all victims in this case who have been denied the head start that so many of us have been given.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Was it? Not intentionally, seriously. But is it not the same thing, being where you are through others hard work or good fortune.

If I caused offense it was not intentional, just going with the flow of the chat.

I don't think DV8 will take offense, if it is not true then she can easily say so, case closed. If it is true then I expect she understands where I'm coming from. No big deal, or not as far as I'm concerned.

People get headstarts in life, it is the good fortune of many. Point being is it not wrong to accept that headstart yet later claim it's not right?

But never mind, this is not a personal thread and so best to stay off this line.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen, let's be honest here. i believe it's a blessing if parents have enough to be able to provide their kids a decent start in life. but it is not a necessity. sometimes it's a curse. just look at the useless kuntdashian family, full of uneducated ass showing morons. so maybe this guy should not have had kids if he did not know how to be a good parent. but his money was his to spend. and spend it he did.

no worries, HUG, no offence taken.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Not a necessity, but this amount, and to leave his family skint takes being a twat to another level.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Seriously, if this guy had 100 million and he couldnt have at least paid for his kids university and given them a decent place to live he is the scum of the earth. I am no proponent of Dominicans but many do everything that they can to provide their children with a better life. This guy is the worst of the worst and that is saying something in this morally bankrupt, god forsaken place.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
People get headstarts in life, it is the good fortune of many. Point being is it not wrong to accept that headstart yet later claim it's not right?

no, the point is not to demand it. the sort of magical thinking that makes us think we "deserve"and "have a right to" something we didn't earn, just because we're breathing and happen to be passing through life. (glen cook).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm told this guy is still alive? now that is dumb. hell with leaving nothing to kids but to leave nothing for yourself is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.