How can I find out the exact dates of the upcoming naturalization ceremonies?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
After my interview they explained the process. You have to go back to the Ministry of Interior and Police every three months to check if your security checks have been completed. When they have been you then pay your RD$5,000 and they give you the date of the ceremony with is on the third Thursday of every month.

Matilda

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
...the date of the ceremony is on the third Thursday of every month.

Matilda

Thanks! I'm trying to plan my next visit to Santo Domingo and wanted to be absolutely sure about the exact date, as I will only be able to stay for a day or two. Do you know of any instances where the ceremony has been postponed, moved forward, or canceled at short notice?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks! I'm trying to plan my next visit to Santo Domingo and wanted to be absolutely sure about the exact date, as I will only be able to stay for a day or two. Do you know of any instances where the ceremony has been postponed, moved forward, or canceled at short notice?

Well I would say that it is highly possible. My interview date was changed three times.

Matilda

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
My interview date was changed as well (to the next day). However, one would hope that a naturalization ceremony, which involves a large number of people (as opposed to the interview), would be held on the announced date.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
They will tell you or your lawyer the exact date once all is cleared which can take a while, or you can get full police record from your home country and have it certified by the DomRep consulate in your home country and give it to Interior y Policia, this will make the process faster.

So I guess you don't have a date yet ?

My interview date was changed as well (to the next day). However, one would hope that a naturalization ceremony, which involves a large number of people (as opposed to the interview), would be held on the announced date.