Grands, formerly Pacos in Colonial Zone

joselowe

May 5, 2015
Does anyone know anything about this restaurant? How's the food, the atmosphere/ambience. I'm coming as a traveler from the US

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Does anyone know anything about this restaurant? How's the food, the atmosphere/ambience. I'm coming as a traveler from the US

Food is average, not gourmet, it is a "carneceria", just sit wait at a table facing out, and pick out your cut.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
You will find quite a few other visitors from the US sitting at Paco throughout the day. It's a meeting place for some of the guys who have been going to SD for years. People watching is the main fare, and the people who are being watched are very much aware that they are being watched. While Paco has a good number of just regular customers looking for a quick sandwich and a cold Presidente [and I mean good, ice cold Presidente], you will find prostitutes, female and male, working there. It is well situated directly across from Parque Independencia at the end [I think that's northern end] of El Conde.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are you guys for real. Has anyone ever said or even thought, 'oh, I fancy some good food, I better go eat at Pacos', No? No one has ever planned on eating there, you eat if you are hungry and happen to be waiting for someone, drunk and exhausted all the other bars. He takes the pi$$ out of all the regular yanks who go sit there to drink warm overpriced beer. The owner is a really nice guy, but he really scoffs at thd regulars, and can't blame him, I do as I walk by.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Are you guys for real. Has anyone ever said or even thought, 'oh, I fancy some good food, I better go eat at Pacos', No? No one has ever planned on eating there, you eat if you are hungry and happen to be waiting for someone, drunk and exhausted all the other bars. He takes the pi$$ out of all the regular yanks who go sit there to drink warm overpriced beer. The owner is a really nice guy, but he really scoffs at thd regulars, and can't blame him, I do as I walk by.

It is what it is and tell Alberto I said "Hi"!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bars, Restaurants, Dance Clubs, Colonial Zone and Dominican Republic

It says:

Grand's Cafeteria and Bar (formerly Paco Cafeteria)

A well-knows spot on the Conde serving typical Dominican food and drink. At times the traffic from the nearby street can get loud but it is still a good place to sit and watch all the humans passing by making for an interesting, not boring experience. Late night there is a very diverse group of people that hang out here. It is not the place to be with the family after midnight or if you do not like to see people that are a bit free in displaying their sexual preferences.
Price: Inexpensive
Hours: 24 hours
Location: Calle El Conde #516 and Palo Hincado across form Parque Independencia, Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

joselowe

May 5, 2015
Bars, Restaurants, Dance Clubs, Colonial Zone and Dominican Republic

It says:

Grand's Cafeteria and Bar (formerly Paco Cafeteria)

A well-knows spot on the Conde serving typical Dominican food and drink. At times the traffic from the nearby street can get loud but it is still a good place to sit and watch all the humans passing by making for an interesting, not boring experience. Late night there is a very diverse group of people that hang out here. It is not the place to be with the family after midnight or if you do not like to see people that are a bit free in displaying their sexual preferences.
Price: Inexpensive
Hours: 24 hours
Location: Calle El Conde #516 and Palo Hincado across form Parque Independencia, Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Sounds like my kinda place
tumblr_inline_mvr696vh4l1r2q4zh.gif

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I remember reading that it is a must to go to Paco when you visit the Conde. When I saw Paco this place was not for me. Just does not look sanitized.