Dominicans in the US

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Looking at this reminded me of why I never associated with the greater Dominican Community in the US, especially in New York. It looks like its written for 8 year olds.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
rfp,
What do you have against, gang bangers,drug pushers, prostitutes, and welfare cheaters?????????????

Stop working for a living, and start voting for a living!!!!!!!!!

Shame on you, you are diving Dominicans a "GOOD NAME"!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
Does the idiocy of the New York Post suggest that all New Yorkers are morons?
I think your theory that a place can be judged by the news media that caters to its inhabitants is defective.
This online site is not very different from other sites that cater to other groups of people.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I do not understand.

I fail to see the involvement of that newspaper here...

I think your theory that a place can be judged by the news media that caters to its inhabitants is defective.
Whose theory?

This online site is not very different from other sites that cater to other groups of people.
DR1?

donP

Aug 6, 2006
The NY Post regularly runs silly headlines. It also often runs stories that appear to be "dumbed down" to a Jr. High mentality. But I don't think New York or its people can be judged as mentally deficient because of it.

In the DR, there is the Listin Diario, which is written for educated people, and a number of other papers that seem to be written for those who crave sensationalism.

You do not appear to comprehend the point I am making here.

Every Easter, Time and other magazines put Jesus on the cover and try ever so hard to present the Crucifixion as somehow being a "news story" I am sure that this sells a lot of magazines., but the fact is that there is really nothing new about this "news".

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Jesus on the Cover

The NY Post regularly runs silly headlines....(...) Listin Diario, which is written for educated people...(...)
Every Easter, Time and other magazines put Jesus on the cover...(...)
You do not appear to comprehend the point I am making here.

You are right.
I do not get what all this has to do with the site I mentioned.
After all is just another site of information and whether it is 'silly', for the 'dumb' or 'educated', you may decide for yourself. :rolleyes:

donP

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010

I dont know why you defend the indefensible, you seem quite intelligent.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
rfp,
What do you have against, gang bangers,drug pushers, prostitutes, and welfare cheaters?????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ha thats why were going back. I plan on doing it late this year and declaring low US income for 2015. With two kids we will get lots of free cheese and hand outs in 2016 as low income Americans. Obama's buying votes for another year so I plan to take advantage. Go Team EBT !!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Ha thats why were going back. I plan on doing it late this year and declaring low US income for 2015. With two kids we will get lots of free cheese and hand outs in 2016 as low income Americans. Obama's buying votes for another year so I plan to take advantage. Go Team EBT !!

now that is an innovative political comment...a lame duck president buying votes.

i like it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I dont know why you defend the indefensible, you seem quite intelligent.

On occasion. Almost al media has gone downhill in terms of quality of information provided. Take the NY Times, was always a liberal rag but used to be fairly balanced and accurate. Nowadays = only good for Frank12 cut and pastes.

Aug 6, 2006
I think it is YOU that has changed, not the NY Times, Bob.

The WSJ is far more unbalanced and fatcat friendly than the NY Times at least in the editirial section. And the IBD (Investor's Business Daily) it crypto-fascist.
I read the Miami Herald daily. It is slightly liberal in its bias, but it prints a lot of far out rightwing Cuban stuff. The Spanish language El Miami Herald is even more to the right.

But it is not difficult to find out what is really going on by reading either.