more air canada flights to DR

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Air Canada Aumentara Vuelos Saman?-Puerto Plata - Noticias POP

from 22nd of december number of flights will increase from 1 to 3 per week with an airbus 319 on route montreal-POP. toronto-POP will go from 1 to 2 flights per week from december 21st. montreal-samana from december 22nd will change from 2 to 3 flights per week.

Here in Toronto I noticed a bunch of taxi cabs covered in advertising for Santo Domingo and Samana. Looks like they are pushing something other than Punta Cana for once.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Air Canada just woke up... During the fall, WestJet fly to DR almost every day of the week....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is frightening..........

they might be - just might be - a concerted effort on behalf of the RD gov't to promote the North Coast.
Actually, the Minister said that at the AMAN ribbon cutting.... about 'linking' Samana and Pto Plata, eliminating the 'dead zone' across the No Coast.

High end hotels mysteriously appear.
Sosua gets a power wash.
New pavement surfaces.

Do you know there is the equivalent of AAA on the north coast.... help with flats, accidents, anything they can do to be of service.
Fully funded trucks manned by two..... 800 Assistance numbers to call.... civilized, I dare say.

And now, more flights ????

What's next ???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Do you know there is the equivalent of AAA on the north coast.... help with flats, accidents, anything they can do to be of service.
Fully funded trucks manned by two..... 800 Assistance numbers to call.... civilized, I dare say.

MOPC asistencia vial. not 800 number, just a regular line: 829-688-1000. this has been active for a long time but recently extended to the NC.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Still... another bonus for the heretofore ignored No Coast...........

Climbing up the proverbial ladder to respectability.....

Kengdean

Dec 1, 2014
Still... another bonus for the heretofore ignored No Coast...........

Climbing up the proverbial ladder to respectability.....

Oh come on guys! Let's keep Samana our secret! Not too many places left that are unspoiled, quite natural and not too many resorts. We love it the way it is! Keep it up and you'll have flights coming in from all over the US! Give them Punta Cana but let's keep Samana!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I always fly WestJet to POP for the last 6 years. Great service and they do no charge me for the humanitarian bag I bring down every year. I hope the Air Canada flights bring down the WJ prices but I doubt Air Canada gives me 1 free checked bag and a free humanitarian bag. I am coming down in July.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I just booked my Air Canada flight from YUL (Montreal) to AZS (Samana) for Feb. tonight :)
I see AC are also offering flights from Halifax to Samana as well.

Prices at my hotel of choice in LT are up 20% for the winter of 2016. Supply and demand.....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have a friend lives in Toronto. Flies down lands in POP stays a week in Sosua at Casa Marina and goes back for less than my single air fare from Houston to POP. Charter deals. Sometimes he gets 10 days. Been doing it for a number of years. Even with that its still not worth living in Canada.

Jul 28, 2014
Air Canada may have more flights added, but they are the most expensive game in town, Westjet and Transat/Canjet will still dominate

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Nothing new here. Air Canada always goes down to 1 flight a week to POP during low season and goes back to 3 flights a week during high season.

Air Canada Aumentara Vuelos Saman?-Puerto Plata - Noticias POP

from 22nd of december number of flights will increase from 1 to 3 per week with an airbus 319 on route montreal-POP. toronto-POP will go from 1 to 2 flights per week from december 21st. montreal-samana from december 22nd will change from 2 to 3 flights per week.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
I have a friend lives in Toronto. Flies down lands in POP stays a week in Sosua at Casa Marina and goes back for less than my single air fare from Houston to POP. Charter deals. Sometimes he gets 10 days. Been doing it for a number of years. Even with that its still not worth living in Canada.

Right now they are pushing $530 CDN taxes in for 7 day all inclusive. That includes air port shuttle back and forth. Even includes tourist card and exit fee. Hard deal to beat. Ive never found a flight only deal that cheap.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Right now they are pushing $530 CDN taxes in for 7 day all inclusive. That includes air port shuttle back and forth. Even includes tourist card and exit fee. Hard deal to beat. Ive never found a flight only deal that cheap.
Donde??? Anja?