Barcelo Dominican Beach AI - thoughts?

KM2015

Jun 15, 2015
I'm in PC at least 6-7 times a year and I've stayed at a variety of resorts, but never Barcel? Dominican Beach. I see mixed reviews, but I like the location and wanted to try someplace different. Anyone know the place or have any advice/thoughts? Also, would love to know some nearby places to go dance that are relaxed, not crazy loud and not super-crowded with tipsy twenty year olds.

Thanks!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The hotel is nice in my opinion, invited my family for a couple of week a long time ago but was well kept, no reason to think it's hone down hill. The beach hotels on the East Coast, it's difficult to find a bad one really, more so good ones then better ones.

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
We have been traveling to both Punta Cana and the North Coast for some time, in April we opted for the Barcelo Dominican Beach.
It foots the bill of a typical AI, of which I tire of easily anymore. Actually the food in the buffet was much better than the ala carte
restaurants. Beach and grounds were great. Rooms were outdated but we stayed in Block 5 just a few steps from the beach which
worked for us. I was appreciative of the evening entertainment, live band and professional dancers and vocalists, a far cry from
the typical battle of the sexes fun and games. This was a pleasant surprise, but this is the first AI that I experienced the
watering down of drinks. So if you get a good price it is doable.

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Its in a great location. Lots of restaurants and bars just outside the gates. Its lower rates tend to attract younger crowds although this time of year I don't imagine that will be a big issue.

Feb 7, 2007
I went about 4-5 years ago, didn't like it. It was about a year after it was sold to Barcelo from Ocean. It was a run-down version of Ocean Blue at that time. Also substantially lower level than Barcelo Bavaro, and a step down from Barcelo Punta Cana.

Having said that, it's possible that in those 4-5 years things have changed.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is one of the lower budget properties in the same Bavaro/around Cortecito area.
a good bang for the small buck, of course don't await a top notch property when small money is spent.
location is nice central for you to venture off resort.

Mike

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
The location is good, there are a couple of places to eat right in cortecito. The old carabella is nearby as well. I would use the resort as a bed n breakfast and go out for that special meal if needed. It would be nice if the area can offer a mid scale hotel with breakfast only, at a good price. You do get what you pay for(maybe less) at barcelo dominican.

KM2015

Jun 15, 2015
Thanks everyone. I 'm not a big foodie or drinker, nor too high maintenance as long as the Roomie clean and WiFi works. I like a nice pool, nice people, decent beach and some good music because I love to dance. The location was what drew me to this one.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Thanks everyone. I 'm not a big foodie or drinker, nor too high maintenance as long as the Roomie clean and WiFi works. I like a nice pool, nice people, decent beach and some good music because I love to dance. The location was what drew me to this one.

If going low budget, go for vista sol punta cana. That resort is typical old school all inclusive type of resort with good shade on the beach. At least you can maybe get a swim up room , fancy on the cheap! The resort is in a very good area of el corticito, and you can step off property into a decent little village, its opposite of barcelo dominican.