American begins flights to Puerto Plata and Punta Cana

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
[translated]

American Airlines announced the integration of three new routes for RD

SANTO DOMINGO- American Airlines announced Tuesday the integration of three new routes to Dominican Republic, as part of its commitment to the expansion of new frequencies in Latin America and the Caribbean.

The new routes will serve the international airports of Punta Cana and Puerto Plata, every Saturday from December 19 this year 2015.

The information was released by Oliver Bojos, CEO of American Airlines to Dominican Republic, noting that for 40 years the company has been committed to providing the Dominicans and tourists to the development of the aviation industry the country serving uninterruptedly Business and leisure travelers visiting the country.

"From mid-December this year, we will be connecting every Saturday airports of Charlotte, North Carolina Gregorio Luperon International Airport of Puerto Plata (POP); Dallas Forth / Worth to Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ); and Chicago O'Hare Airport in Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), "he said.

"The availability of the new route from Charlotte, North Carolina will be enabled from July 20 reservations for travelers. However, Dallas Forth / Worth and Chicago are today available to all customers, "said Mr. Bojos.

"These new routes will allow entry into the country of new tourists can travel directly to the country from these cities," said Mr. Bojos.

The airline will operate these flights on an Airbus A319 with a capacity for 128 people and a Boeing 737-800 with capacity for 162 passengers.

With these new routes to Dominican Republic, American Airlines complements its current service to the country, including direct flights to Miami from the international airports of Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana and Santiago; and direct service to Philadelphia from the AILA and Punta Cana; to Boston from Punta Cana and now three daily flights to Charlotte, North Carolina from Punta Cana.

American Airlines anuncia la integraci?n de tres nuevas rutas para RD

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There offer nonstop that I like a lot but from Mia to Sti the price is so high right now.

Yes, they are high. I'm waiting to see what the USAir merger accomplishes. We used to fly AA out of JFK, and switched to United out of EWR when they dropped direct flights. Last month I bought our tickets for December, direct flights from Philadelphia [USAir flights, I was able to get one free ticket with AA miles, other ticket was $618 - high, but okay since the other one is free].

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
flights start on the 19th of december, available to book online from 20th of july.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Actually, these routes was managed by USAir and AA merged, and they announced "New routes?" actually its the same routes.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
[translated]

American Airlines announced the integration of three new routes for RD

SANTO DOMINGO- American Airlines announced Tuesday the integration of three new routes to Dominican Republic, as part of its commitment to the expansion of new frequencies in Latin America and the Caribbean.

The new routes will serve the international airports of Punta Cana and Puerto Plata, every Saturday from December 19 this year 2015.

The information was released by Oliver Bojos, CEO of American Airlines to Dominican Republic, noting that for 40 years the company has been committed to providing the Dominicans and tourists to the development of the aviation industry the country serving uninterruptedly Business and leisure travelers visiting the country.

"From mid-December this year, we will be connecting every Saturday airports of Charlotte, North Carolina Gregorio Luperon International Airport of Puerto Plata (POP); Dallas Forth / Worth to Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ); and Chicago O'Hare Airport in Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ), "he said.

"The availability of the new route from Charlotte, North Carolina will be enabled from July 20 reservations for travelers. However, Dallas Forth / Worth and Chicago are today available to all customers, "said Mr. Bojos.

"These new routes will allow entry into the country of new tourists can travel directly to the country from these cities," said Mr. Bojos.

The airline will operate these flights on an Airbus A319 with a capacity for 128 people and a Boeing 737-800 with capacity for 162 passengers.

With these new routes to Dominican Republic, American Airlines complements its current service to the country, including direct flights to Miami from the international airports of Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana and Santiago; and direct service to Philadelphia from the AILA and Punta Cana; to Boston from Punta Cana and now three daily flights to Charlotte, North Carolina from Punta Cana.

American Airlines anuncia la integraci?n de tres nuevas rutas para RD

Wooooohhooo !!!!!!!!!! an extra 150 seats max a week into POP.......this is just what POP needs combine this along with that 1 flight a week JetBlue has from Boston to POP ( in the winter months only ) and that's over 300 extra people a week......yawn!

Hope024

Jul 12, 2015
Great news for those of us in Charloote, though I do hope they put at least one direct flight to STI in the future, since most of the Dominicans I know here, inluding myself, are from Santiago and its surrounding areas. I am still grateful for this flight, since it is better than traveling with escala.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Great news for those of us in Charloote, though I do hope they put at least one direct flight to STI in the future, since most of the Dominicans I know here, inluding myself, are from Santiago and its surrounding areas. I am still grateful for this flight, since it is better than traveling with escala.

There are a lot of Dominicans who don't live in Santiago, you know. And a lot of North Americans who aren't from Charlotte. Lovely towns, BTW.

Hope024

Jul 12, 2015
I know that not everyone is from Charlotte, Santiago or that all travelers aren't Dominican, just hopeful that one day a direct flight from CLT to STI will emerge, but my experience here has been than many Santiagueros are hopeful for direct flights from here to there.

I remember when we had to travel through SDQ from JFK in 1968 (my first trip to meet grandparents at the age of four) and it was an arduous trip, that we made yearly after that and remember how many celebrated when the POP airport was inaugurated. That's all.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Hmmm when traveling back from the US (west coast) I have found Charlotte a better connecting point. My brother is liking the DFW to PUJ route. From the Western US this is as close to a non-stop I guess one can expect.