Introducing Myself

winecountrylivin

Jul 29, 2015
just doing a introduction post just visiting the DR for the first time soon and was hoping on getting some references and reviews for a few things I have been researching from some members that have any helpful info.... thanks

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
If you are a wine buff, you might like to check out the real estate project in Azua where you get ownership with a vineyard attached if relocation is on your agenda longer term. Details posted some while back:

Home | OcoaBay

Welcome and enjoy DR.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Welcome to the best website in the country. If you like wine you might want to bring it with you. Not too much going on here wine wise.

winecountrylivin

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for all the welcomes! we are staying in Puerto Plata for a couple weeks at an all inclusive resort but only serve wine with dinner .... we are coming from Calistoga, Ca

I will be fine the girls on the other hand are loading up bottles where they can in luggage we will definitely be doing some shopping out in town to hopefully fulfill some thirst .....

I have not drank carl rossi since I was underage lol maybe its time to be young agaIn ;D

Cheers!
Nick

Aug 6, 2006
Ocoa Bay sure sounds like a great place to be that rarest of retirees: the tropical beach mini-vintner.

There are those who might prefer mixed drinks... Like Thunderipple.

Welcome to this forum.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome to the best website in the country. If you like wine you might want to bring it with you. Not too much going on here wine wise.

GREAT wines from around the world are being sold, and enjoyed here everyday, at fair prices!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
The good thing is that even awful wine can make a decent sangr?a. Just add fizzy water, some fruit cocktail, ice and LOTS of sugar.
Mmmmm!

Aviso importante: do not try this with Vino de cocer, it has too much salt in it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to DR1.

i don't know what the fuss about wine is coming from,
i get here great wines all around,
i even get wines from my own german homegrounds, french, many italians, countless spaniards ...
due the great available variety from wines from around the globe, i would never even think about purchasing a american "wine".
but if you like to do so, you get a variety of Californian wines at different stores, just had a look yesterday at the Nacional supermarket in PC, several californians available.
sure i decided on some chilenians for myself.
don't love, but during my years over here on the Isle, teh back in da day years with not much of anything to get at any supermarket(fukc, we did not even have a real supermarket in Bavaro back then, lol), i took and tried what ever wine i could lay hand on, and some Chilenians came out to be very nice and they are reasonable priced.
Spanish, Italian, Chilenian and Californian wines you should fine at every nice sorted supermarket.
and the prices are very reasonable.

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
GREAT wines from around the world are being sold, and enjoyed here everyday, at fair prices!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Not from what I see of the wine prices here. But then, I lived in California for 10 years and we had Trader Joe's nearby.