Can I get fingerprints taken at Policia Nacional?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
My fianc? needs to get a set of fingerprints taken to provide to his consulate here in the DR. (Needs to get a certificate of good conduct from his home country). Is this something the PN can provide? If so, anyone know which police station in the East can do this?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but for Canadians, fingerprints submitted for criminal record checks are only accepted by the RCMP if they originated from an approved fingerprinting service. You can't submit any old set of finger prints and claim they are yours.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
That's the reason we are hoping to use the PN. One can only presume they are considered an approved source for fingerprints.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
You have to go to the National Police in Santo Domingo for this. For Canada the prints have to be submitted electronically, after the prints are done at the National Police they have to be submitted to an accredited agency in Canada and then they submit to the RCMP along with the application for a criminal record check.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Wayne's right. You can find accredited companies on the RCMP's website.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Guys... I think you all got a little confused. I didn't state anywhere that my fianc? is Canadian.

After speaking to the PN and Cestur here in Punta Cana/Bavaro we've learned that we need to go to Higuey to get this done.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
My original point that may have been missed is that it's not so much if you can get fingerprints taken here in the DR. One certainly can get their fingers blackened here. It is more a matter of whether those fingerprints will be accepted by the police force you are asking to provide the record check. Start at that end of the process for this inquiry and if acceptable, then proceed to figure out where to go to get the prints taken.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Throw a brick through a shop window and wait for the cops?

(They probably wouldn't have the kit anyway...)