Police searching for missing German couple last seen in Bayahibe in May 2015

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
german couple missing in Bayahibe

Unfortunately I could not find an english article about that yet but since the end of may a german couple is missing. They were on vacation in Be Live, Bayahibe. When they missed their flight home the police was informed and found most the personal belongings (money, passports)
in the couples room. Apparently they went hiking in the national park. Hope they will be found but I am not very optimistic..

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Strange Disappearance

This is very disturbing news.

I have not seen anything related in the Dominican newspapers.
Hopefully the German embassy is aware of this and in contact with the PN at Bayahibe.

Very strange...

I would think, that dates, names, ages and German address are known.

donP

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Julia, can you link to the article? Not important if it's not English.

Is there ANY possibility this could be connected to the story dv8 posted about the German found in La Romana?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I See No Connection.

Is there ANY possibility this could be connected to the story dv8 posted about the German found in La Romana?

Very unlikely.

Peter Lorenz was a long time resident and owner of a diving and excursion business in Punta Cana.

The missing couple is said to be tourists.

Different dates, too.

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They went backpacking on their own into a National Park near Bayahibe. My guess is Parque Nacional del Este...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Private Rucksack Excursion?

i believe none of the articles gives full name of the couple as far as i can make out?

Correct.
Only their first names, ages (and the abbreviated family name) are given:
Christiane (56) and Reiner K. (66).

The reports differ when it comes to the date the police was informed about the disappearance, it could have been much too late for a successful search.
The couple had stayed at the hotel 3 times before.

But their intention to explore the hinterland on foot most likely was a bad decision....

donP

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
I guess its better to get lost in the Dominican Republic as you might find rivers or banana trees etc to stay alive but 5 weeks...

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Was featured today on frontpage of n-tv.de (local cnn.com site).

So remove duplicate post then.
But this post has a good picture of the couple.
Did not see a picture of them in the other reports.

Alexander

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Was featured today on frontpage of n-tv.de (local cnn.com site).

So remove duplicate post then.
But this post has a good picture of the couple.
Did not see a picture of them in the other reports.

Alexander

Not deleting anything, I merged the two threads. Thanks for the update Alexander, photos can't hurt and might help.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was no photos nor even a full name before so your post was useful, as AE said. but it is better if it is in one thread.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
" However is also conceivable that the couple has decided to "get out" and is staying at an undisclosed location in the Caribbean island.". I can't imagine this statement being made unless there was a possible reason for the couple to self disappear.