Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fundraiser for John's Recovery House Sept 3rd @ Tropicoco Restaurant

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There is always the Moca Kush!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's nice to see that people on the DR1 forum are still here, encouraging and being so positive. Oh gee, imagine having a fundraiser at a restaurant!!! Imagine they are serving drinks with booze in them!!! Nope never heard of such a thing... guess we better start monitoring the fund raiser for Sosua Kids or AAAS or DCDR... we might have a negative influence on kids and dogs!!! Harleysrock will be nice to see you and to hear that girl sing and play!!! We know she rocks!!! Thanks for sharing the information!

3. Likes Harleysrock, RayO, zoey_kat, Bob Boyd liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    Once again this is not a meeting, it is a restaurant so unless you brother never goes to restaurants I am sure he is around booze. Many people going are not alcoholics but want to support this cause so yes there will be people drinking.
    In the real world you are around booze at some point, I was sober for 10 years and had no problem going out with people drinking. Of course in the beginning I stayed away from it but to shut yourself in for the rest of your life is unrealistic.
    He died.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

OMGosh people. How obtuse can you be??

It's a FUNDRAISER, being held at a RESTAURANT, and the proceeds will go to help RECOVERING ALCOHOLICS. Those recovering alcoholics will NOT be attending the fundraiser - unless they buy a ticket, of course.

I'm thinking the reading comprehension last night must have been affected by rum.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally know John Fitzgerald. He's the real deal, and so is his recovery program. John's been here since before i moved up to the North Coast. He's a good guy, trying to help people help themselves. I've never known him to ask for one penny from anyone, and i've known him for about 8 or 9 years.

I'm also best friend's (through motorcycles) with a guy, Mike Fitzgerald, who has attended John's meetings for at least 8 or 9 years. Mike Fitzgerald has had nothing but praise to for John Fitzgerald (Same last name, no relation).

If i don't have to work, i'll be there to lend my financial support.

Frank

7. Likes Harleysrock, zoey_kat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Frank :-)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    There is a Fundraiser for John's Recovery House this Thursrday, September 3rd at Tropicoco Restaurant. 7 pm start.

John's Recovery house is located in Cabarete for people who are in recovery from alcohol or addictions wanting an alcohol and drug free environment for their vacation. AA meeting are held on the property daily.

Tickets are 1500 pesos and include an All you can eat Buffet, welcome drink (non alcoholic ) and raffle ticket for prizes.

My wife Andréa will be performing solo with her Piano and lungs and there will be other entertainment as well.

Don't fret drinkers as Alcohol will be served at the event and you can either get tickets at the door or PM me for advance tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Hope to see you there!!
    She has GREAT LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Better go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

10. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you get a ride from Costambar? ccccccccccccccccccccc

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    She has GREAT LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Better go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12