Documents but no Apostille

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
What can someone do when they're getting married, got all the papers but no Apostille? Do they really need to go back to The States? Can a relative do this for them?
Thanks!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
An apostille is the authentication of a document of that country, and on that basis why does the person need to be present?

Some years back, I had police record apostilled in the UK, with my sister receiving the record for which I applied online, and then forwarding it for an apostille before Fedexing here. USA must allow the same?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I see no reason why a relation cannot get this very simple job done... All it is is a seal stamped and waxed on the document saying it is authentic .. Normally there is an apostille office in the same building as immigration

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
In the US I know this is possible. The documents need to be mailed to the office of the Secretary of State, in the state where they were issued. Include the fee, and a postage paid return envelope. The fee varies from state to state, and some states have walk-in service available. You should also let them know what country the documents are going to be used in.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I ordered them online and had them shipped to my siter who in turn sent them to get apostilled and then sent them to me. I believe NY will let you directly order some documents with the apostille together.