Best Beaches in the DR

Chinatown

Sep 11, 2015
So which region has the best beaches? Is Puerta Plata? Or Punta Cana?

Which is the best for couples, like quiete/ private areas?
Which is the best for partying/ vibing?

I?m in my late 20?s.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
the beaches in the southwest are drop dead gorgeous too..but its quite a long trip from the north coast or Punta Cana and not touristic at all

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Punta Cana all-inclusives have the fun within… there are many large hotels with lots of night time options.
Some of the popular places are:
Pacha Discotheque (Riu Hotels)
Punta Cana:
New for 2015: Coco Bongo Disco Show (DownTown Punta Cana)
Latin music shows at Fantasy (Ifas Villas Bavaro)
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe latin music show to be followed by dancing at their many discos.
Mangu Discotheque (Occidental Grand)
Areito (Caribe Club Princess)

Jewel Disco and Hard Rock Cafe (Palma Real Shopping)
Oro (Hard Rock Punta Cana)
Imagine in a cave (near the Cocoloco-Riu crossing)

Punta Cava, a bar in Puntacana Village
Onnos in Bavaro
Hurricane Cafe on Bavaro Beach
Jelly Fish Restaurant (known for full moon parties)

Puerto Plata:
Ocean World Park has Latin music night time show and disco
Cabarete -- strip of restaurants + bars on the beach
For variety of beaches, rent a car and head out to discover these from Punta Rucia all the way to the west to Cabrera all the way to the east.

If you are an adventure seeker, head to Puerto Plata. If you want a rest and relaxation vacation, head to an all inclusive in Punta Cana.

And of course, there is Samana...

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It really all depends on what sort of beach you want ..the beaches on the south side, the caribbean, have mainly very flat but clear water and for activities the best are in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area and for beautiful quieter areas in the SW area .
On the noth side , the Atlantic, the beahces have rougher water , can be very dangerous in several beaches such as Playa Grande but the atmosphere is more laid back and Cabrera, for example, is perfect for people in their twenties . There are beaches on the Samana peninsula but I have never found them as atractive as the northern beaches more to the west .

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
I love Costambar, may not be the most beautiful but if you are looking for peace and quiet, it is great, but I think with your age it wouldn't be the best choice.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
La Playa Ensenada
Playa Rincon
Cayo Levantado..
are all pretty nice. imo but there are so many.. each with their own personalities and flavor.

LMAO, at Boca Chica

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Are you related to cccccccccccccccccCostambar?
I love Costambar, may not be the most beautiful but if you are looking for peace and quiet, it is great, but I think with your age it wouldn't be the best choice.

Adventurer

Sep 16, 2015
Several years ago first time to the DR we went to Boca Chica and left after 2 days. Peaceful water but harassed constantly. Remainder of beach time was at Juan Dolio and seemed great to us. 3 years ago we went to Semana and whale watching and was absolutely wonderful, peaceful, very few people and no one harassing you all the time. Much better than Juan Dolio even. So out of my 3 beaches I have went to I would say Semana by a long shot.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
So which region has the best beaches? Is Puerta Plata? Or Punta Cana?

Which is the best for couples, like quiete/ private areas?
Which is the best for partying/ vibing?

I?m in my late 20?s.

Neither, Las Terrenas, Playa Bonita, Playa Coson, Playa Ricon, all on the Samana Penninsula on the Northeast.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
+1 for Playa Coson, about 10 minutes from Las Terrenas, simply breathtaking...