Crema ... Owner death?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I just heard of the death of the owner (or one of the owners) of Crema. I was so sorry to hear this as Crema has always been a favored place of mine. I was just there about a werk ago and had no knowledge if this. Can
someone please tell me what happened and whether you think it will continue without him. I did notice that
there had been some changes. Thanks.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yes this is very old news . William died when his van hit a palm in the middle of Las Americas autopista around the area of the srevice station . he was travelling towards La Romana . I was travelling towards Santo Domingo and saw the police and the various crews working and trying to get the trafic flowing but at that stage I did not know that it was William .
When he left as chief chef at La Romana Country Club , he steadily built up his business in la Romana living in Buena Vista which is the nicest barrio in el pueblo. He had been attacked and robbed before in Buena Vista ,
He moved his premises to a nice position just down from Iberia and it had a good car park and business was thriving.
After his death, the shop was closed for a day or two , I believe, but his wife, whom I know quite well has taken over and Crema is doing very well ..Gracias a Dios

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
So sorry to hear of William's death! We met him when he was still the chef at the La Romana Country Club and watched his business grow from his home to his great bakery and restaurant in La Romana. Wonderful man and I know he will truly be missed by all who knew him!

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Yesterday , I was told that his financial backers have become more active and as I was golfing in la Romana , I took the effort to go to Crema and all seems to be going well from a brief observation. maybe I should have been more accurate before and have said that he was actually shot before .