Helicopters Over Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
What in the name of G*d is going on? Over the past couple of days, I've noticed a dramatic increase in the number and intensity of helicopters over Sosua. There was just one that was so loud that it sounded like it was landing on my building! I didn't get a look at it, so I don't know if they're police 'copters or what. Anybody have any info on this?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What in the name of G*d is going on? Over the past couple of days, I've noticed a dramatic increase in the number and intensity of helicopters over Sosua. There was just one that was so loud that it sounded like it was landing on my building! I didn't get a look at it, so I don't know if they're police 'copters or what. Anybody have any info on this?

it is getting close to Christmas. maybe the politicians got their bonuses a little early this year.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Well, I'd like to remind Danilo about his great commitment to reducing noise pollution in this country. My ears are still ringing from this little fly-by!

Unless he's doing some sort of aerial tour, that doesn't explain it. The helicopter is not departing the airspace.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
danilo is in sosua today to open the new CESTUR station. i believe he's traveling in eurocopter AS 365.

the other choppers around must be from the air base between POP and sosua, they have some bell iroquois.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I am seriously losing my mind. It's a dull roar that's been going on for at least 15 minutes.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
he'll be out in no time. at 11 am he inaugurated some fancy shmancy building in jack tar, then sosua and CESTUR opening. he must have things to do in SD.

May 5, 2007
danilo is in sosua today to open the new CESTUR station. i believe he's traveling in eurocopter AS 365.

the other choppers around must be from the air base between POP and sosua, they have some bell iroquois.

The eurocopter AS 365 is quiet for it's size but a big critter to be hauling the Prez around in Th UH1 Bells are very loud
depending on where you are you get the famous "wop wop wop" from the leading blade going supersonic

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The eurocopter AS 365 is quiet for it's size but a big critter to be hauling the Prez around in Th UH1 Bells are very loud
depending on where you are you get the famous "wop wop wop" from the leading blade going supersonic

yep. few days ago when we were walking dogs in costambar i heard this loud WHOP WHOP WHOP. sure enough it was military bell, going real low. it sounded like a background to all movies about vietnam. normally i hear choppers from lifestyle, eurocopter and robinson, i think.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
According to my Sources it is a Search and Find Missions for ccccccccccccccccccc. Focused on Costambar.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
yep. few days ago when we were walking dogs in costambar i heard this loud WHOP WHOP WHOP. sure enough it was military bell, going real low. it sounded like a background to all movies about vietnam. normally i hear choppers from lifestyle, eurocopter and robinson, i think.

hm, same here, 2days ago or so but in sosua.

was flying maybe 100meters above my building and circling like 3-4times, loud as sh*t and for some reason, everytime I see a Dominican operating any kind of technical device (car, moped, gun, helicopter) I prefer to be far away :)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Head of CESTUR arrived a couple of days ago via a large copter that as I was told attempted but was unable to land at the helipad and went over and landed on the baseball field. I was told at the time he was there to check out the new CESTUR office. Makes sense now, with Danilo following a few days later. Also perhaps explains the recent attempts to repair the road at various places between the helipad and CESTUR office.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

ID, i guess they are similar to the old Vietnam Hueys that gave that flapping sound from the blades.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
he'll be out in no time. at 11 am he inaugurated some fancy shmancy building in jack tar, then sosua and CESTUR opening. he must have things to do in SD.[/QUOTE

those were the helicopters that were transporting all those scissors that are part of Danilo?s presidential apparatus. he has to cut the ribbon at the opening of every banca, barbershop, colmado, and cockfight arena. they made the movie Edward Scissorhands after his character.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
ID, i guess they are similar to the old Vietnam Hueys that gave that flapping sound from the blades.

It's possible they are using the larger, quieter model helicopter, but had the technological foresight and ingenuity to place baseball cards in the blades for a more authentic flyover.

May 5, 2007

Same thing differ name, Bell made the UH1 Iroquois "UH1" translates pretty easy often wondered why they sounded so distinctive
and talked to a wrencher working on one The rotor blade going forward is actually supersonic, reason you get that sound
Many countries have changed them to four blade for better performance etc don't know what they have for Pichardo's super birds

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Same thing differ name, Bell made the UH1 Iroquois "UH1" translates pretty easy often wondered why they sounded so distinctive
and talked to a wrencher working on one The rotor blade going forward is actually supersonic, reason you get that sound
Many countries have changed them to four blade for better performance etc don't know what they have for Pichardo's super birds

i know less than nothing about these things. i thought Hughes made the UH1.