Three Dead in Accident Today

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...ccidente-autopista-joaquin-balaguer-DN1681577

Three dead and nine wounded in highway accident Joaquin Balaguer

SANTIAGO. Three people were killed and nine others were injured after an SUV will impact a public bus that was traveling by Joaquin Balaguer highway stretch Villa Gonzalez Navarrete, in fact occurred at noon next Monday.

One of the victims has been identified to Maria Rodriguez Torres, 60 years old, and Leonardo Abreu, who died in the crash. The other fatality has not yet been identified by authorities.

Meanwhile, the wounded, including several seriously, were taken to the municipal hospital of Villa Gonzalez, where it is expected to be referred to a hospital in Santiago.

According to information gathered at the scene, the minibus transport company Expreso beautiful sunset, Mao, was heading to Santiago and the said section are crossed an SUV, which caused the tragic event.

The vehicular traffic was stopped momentarily, because vehicles that collided were in the middle of the road until they were removed by a crane and taken to the headquarters of the Metropolitan Transit Authority (AMET), in the town of Navarrete.

Joaquin Balaguer highway in frequent automobile accidents occur with unfortunate balances.

May 5, 2007
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...ccidente-autopista-joaquin-balaguer-DN1681577

Three dead and nine wounded in highway accident Joaquin Balaguer

SANTIAGO. Three people were killed and nine others were injured after an SUV will impact a public bus that was traveling by Joaquin Balaguer highway stretch Villa Gonzalez Navarrete, in fact occurred at noon next Monday.

One of the victims has been identified to Maria Rodriguez Torres, 60 years old, and Leonardo Abreu, who died in the crash. The other fatality has not yet been identified by authorities.

Meanwhile, the wounded, including several seriously, were taken to the municipal hospital of Villa Gonzalez, where it is expected to be referred to a hospital in Santiago.

According to information gathered at the scene, the minibus transport company Expreso beautiful sunset, Mao, was heading to Santiago and the said section are crossed an SUV, which caused the tragic event.

The vehicular traffic was stopped momentarily, because vehicles that collided were in the middle of the road until they were removed by a crane and taken to the headquarters of the Metropolitan Transit Authority (AMET), in the town of Navarrete.

Joaquin Balaguer highway in frequent automobile accidents occur with unfortunate balances.

Is it me or does there seem to be a lot of bus accidents last couple years?

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Bus accidents are happening with alarming frequency throughout the World...recently many killed in Bus/18 wheeler head-on accident in France. Bus accidents daily in the U.S. The drivers are becoming more and more distracted, either by their passengers or by cell phones and texting.

The drivers are distracted and the schedules are much too ambitious and aggressive. The bus should be a safe alternative. So sad.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Please Keep the comments relevant to This country. These accidents are here, will keep happening here because there is zero respect for life And the drivers are irresponsible, distracted, think they are jockeys..jockeying for positions and passing ontne right, on
The left, squeezing through while racing. So please Stop talking ther parts of the world. We see these disgusting careless
people in their vehicles almost causing dozens of accidents every day HERE.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Not so much zero respect for life. More like "zero understanding of the laws of physics and their ramifications when they're not respected."

So true...Uneducated race car drivers wannabees. Morons...sad but as everyone should agree .... TRUE

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Slightly off-topic to this particular accident (may the ones passed away RIP), just generally regarding the traffic:

I know perfectly what kind of reputation the PN and AMET have, but nevertheless I found it slightly disturbing and concerning, that it was publicly researched (piece of news a while ago here in DR1), that the traffic lights, that are just piece of machinery, do the job of directing traffic in intersections better than the official traffic police of the country... Even so, that everything works better (officially) when AMET is not there...

In other countries the traffic police comes into play as a reliable back-up when lights are out or something else is happening...

Could be that on accident scenes etc., AMET does their job decently, but still...

I for one would like nothing more than see this country progress even a bit, but it certainly knows how to just disappoint me as well.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Is it me or are there many more accidents and shootings in the north..

Nah, there are probably more shooting in Santo Domingo than the rest of the country combined. If you take the capital out of the equation them yes, defo.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Bus accidents are happening with alarming frequency throughout the World...recently many killed in Bus/18 wheeler head-on accident in France. Bus accidents daily in the U.S. The drivers are becoming more and more distracted, either by their passengers or by cell phones and texting.

Alarming frequency throughout the World?
Are you serious?
Sounds like a pretext to introduce/ enforce more rules and regulations.
Its called sh*t happens everywhere in life partner. So enjoy it (life) while it last.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
So true...Uneducated race car drivers wannabees. Morons...sad but as everyone should agree .... TRUE

i understand your characterization of some of these guys, but i would really like some sort of sociological explanation of what goes on in the minds of the rank and file here. it is easy to call them morons, but there must be some reasonable explanation for what occasions these behaviors. there are several tendencies that we attribute to poverty, but there are poor people in many other countries, and the automotive carnage is nowhere near as widespread as it is here. i want to know why it is that every guy wants to be at the head of every line of traffic, even if he started 30 cars back. i want to know why a guy cannot wait 30 seconds for the light to change. i want to know why a guy tries to save 20 yards, and 15 seconds, by going down a one way street. i want to know why guys go at speeds which are not commensurate with the conditions of the road surface, or the traffic. i ant to know why people rely upon their horns, and not their brakes.

in other words, i want to know where these morons develop these tendencies, and why.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Sounds like a pretext to introduce/ enforce more rules and regulations.

I'm all for the free market, but if someone is drinking or texting while driving a bus with 50 people, they should be terminated immediately. That isn't over regulation, it is common sense. There are plenty of people that can replace them.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a case a few months ago here in the east. A passenger took a photo of a bus driver - not sure if it was a local Sitrabapu bus or the Expreso - texting while driving. The passenger sent it to B?varo Digital and it got a lot of comments from readers encouraging the online news service to lobby the management of the company. The driver was suspended without pay for 30 days.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
i understand your characterization of some of these guys, but i would really like some sort of sociological explanation of what goes on in the minds of the rank and file here. it is easy to call them morons, but there must be some reasonable explanation for what occasions these behaviors. there are several tendencies that we attribute to poverty, but there are poor people in many other countries, and the automotive carnage is nowhere near as widespread as it is here. i want to know why it is that every guy wants to be at the head of every line of traffic, even if he started 30 cars back. i want to know why a guy cannot wait 30 seconds for the light to change. i want to know why a guy tries to save 20 yards, and 15 seconds, by going down a one way street. i want to know why guys go at speeds which are not commensurate with the conditions of the road surface, or the traffic. i ant to know why people rely upon their horns, and not their brakes.

in other words, i want to know where these morons develop these tendencies, and why.

Low intelligence, high aggression, me-centred world view.

Sep 4, 2012

Darn!

As much as I love to disagree with you, for the sake of me I can't on this one. Nice summary man!