SD Traffic - Hubieres offers some ideas

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://hoy.com.do/hubieres-solucion-transito-con-trabajo-de-hora-diferida/

I never thought I would hear much of sense from Juan Hubieres, president of Fenetrano when it comes to solving traffic problems in Santo Domingo.

But his first idea is good. Phasing working hours in the capital especially between public and private sectors. I am all for that along with any idea to stop people getting in their cars during their lunch break.

Freight at night too.

The bridges and tunnels connecting north, south, east and west are far fetched.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...lucion-transito-con-trabajo-de-hora-diferida/ Bing English translation

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Trucks driving at night...not a good idea. The traffic jams at least make sure the truck 'drivers' cannot do too much damage. If they drive at evening and night hours they will fly with 100km/h through the city causing more accidents and deaths.

Besides,

Who's going to unload the trucks? Or will we see lines of trucks waiting to be unloaded at 8 am, obstructing the traffic?

Carga at night works for intercity transport, not inside the city.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have an idea. public flogging of all transport union leaders followed by burning on a stake and scattering the ashes to the winds.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Trucks driving at night...not a good idea. The traffic jams at least make sure the truck 'drivers' cannot do too much damage. If they drive at evening and night hours they will fly with 100km/h through the city causing more accidents and deaths.

Besides,

Who's going to unload the trucks? Or will we see lines of trucks waiting to be unloaded at 8 am, obstructing the traffic?

Carga at night works for intercity transport, not inside the city.

In reality trucks are not the problem during rush hour and most do get to the city very early or late on.

The Malecon has been an issue for me with trucks during peak hours

Feb 7, 2007
jajaja so his idea is (also) to remove 500,000 concho drivers and replace them with buses (affiliated to Fenatrano, of course).

I see the Mafias will go against each other lol

get me the popcorn.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
The ones causing all the jams are these damn publicos. Check Independencia at rush hour.