Las Terrenas buses

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
http://www.infosdiario.com/noticias...n-al-pueblo-en-las-terrenas.html#.VlxWlI-cG00

From the story posted today in InfosDiario, it would appear that the Las Terrenas buses from Santo Domingo, PoP and Santiago at least will now no longer terminate their journey in the town centre but at the junction with the Atlantic Boulevard by their office...and perhaps at Punta Popy if I understand correctly. Visitors will have to take a taxi or montoconcho to their hotel.

I wonder if this will apply to the tourist arrival buses too......which would seem very odd?

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
This is mainly for the Santo Domingo service I guess. It stopped everywhere people wanted to get out. Too bad, I think it would be better just to have a stop at the 2nd gas station and then at cementerio.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
This is mainly for the Santo Domingo service I guess. It stopped everywhere people wanted to get out. Too bad, I think it would be better just to have a stop at the 2nd gas station and then at cementerio.

The way I read it is the local sindico is stopping buses entering the actual town of Las Terrenas...to benefit the motoconcho and taxi drivers and this may well apply to all buses. It is worth noting that the guaguas to Sanchez stop is near La Bomba too (by the basketball stadium). LT buses will stop opposite La Bomba on the Atlantic Boulevard at their office (intersection route 133 and town road), and then continue towards Limon (some of them start and finish their journeys in Limon) on the new road (route 7)...probably taking the turn onto El Carmen and down to Punta Popy with a stop near Hotel Playa Carib....and if the bus is going to Limon it takes the coast road onwards.

La Asociaci?n de Due?os y Trabajadores del Transporte P?blico de Saman? (ASOTRAPUSA) anunci? ........... Igualmente destac? el impacto de esta decisi?n en la econom?a de otros micros negocios como los taxistas, motoconchos y dem?s beneficiarios en el entorno

https://www.google.com.do/maps/plac...0x8eaef0804c08ae25:0xb7f28bd003ee39d4!6m1!1e1

Maybe someone in LT can offer more advice because quite a few posters use these buses and need to be aware of the changes. No point waiting outside La Bodega for your bus anymore it appears.