Italian found dead in Las Terrenas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Man stabs himself 8 times to commit suicide. Would that be a world record?

Sorry to hear of the death, condolences to those concerned.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
http://www.infosdiario.com/noticias...?n-de-hotel-en-las-terrenas.html#.VmBYEY-cG00

Found yesterday in his apartment in Las Terrenas with 8 stab wounds to the abdomen and one to the neck......and because there was no sign of a struggle the presiding judge suggests suicide as a possible cause........

RIP to the deceased, but come on, really???? 8 stab wounds? No one commits suicide that way. One slit to the carotid artery would do the trick. I smell a coverup.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
ju10prd........I cannot believe my eyes..someone has beaten dv8 to the punch on a north coast gruesome story .. maybe she is out and about today !! This north coast seems to be a much more dangerous place than other areas in the DR or is it just better reporting??
I doubt if I have seen worse spanish in the article ...another example of why learning is so difficult here .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you bore me so much, kipling.
one: north east coast.
two: there is more crime in SD than in the rest of the country put together.
three: so it happens that north coast has an excellent news coverage with numerous local sites. the same cannot be said about any other part of the country, capital included.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Let me guess, no knife either....

they found the knife.

italian media are reporting this too:
http://milano.corriere.it/notizie/c...te-72b0e7f4-9911-11e5-b97b-fc1ba153ceec.shtml
http://www.quicomo.it/12/02/adriano...-in-un-hotel-della-repubblica-domenicana.html
http://www.crimeblog.it/post/191397/italiano-andrea-casiraghi-ucciso-repubblica-dominicana

couple of years ago i read an excellent book about suicides by geo stone. he says that sometimes the urge to end one's life can be so strong that they may commit a suicide using means and with desperation that can be quite shocking. some people may have to shoot themselves few times before they finally die. others can take several stabs before reaching an artery and bleeding to death.

so generally a suicide cannot be discounted. having said that, i am not sure dominican police is capable of carrying a proper investigation in order to establish what happened.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I do not condone suicide BUT, if a person has to go, why not carbon monoxide poisoning?

Easy and no suffering...................Have a few drinks while in the process.

Just saying!!!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I do not condone suicide BUT, if a person has to go, why not carbon monoxide poisoning?

Just saying!!!
People who commit suicide are deeply troubled.. and sometimes at the last moment they change their minds.
This results in just very serious injury and even more pain.. If they dont snap out of it, and make a call for help at that point, then they have to keep trying ..so it is possible for multiple stabs til they finally succeed. I would think a bottle of pills is a lot easier.
you from the Bronx, do you remember the Polaroids the Cops used to trade & show each other back in the day.
I got to see a few of them.. .gruesome stuff.. suicide scenes..

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
you bore me so much, kipling.
one: north east coast.
two: there is more crime in SD than in the rest of the country put together.
three: so it happens that north coast has an excellent news coverage with numerous local sites. the same cannot be said about any other part of the country, capital included.

Sorry to have bored you or offended you with a compliment ..normally you are so on the ball with all these stories as can be seen in another thread .Thank you for answering my question that it is the fact that the news coverage is better in the north EAST and not more crimes .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think a knife is much better choice than pills or gas. the results are pretty quick if one knows where to stab. in cases when one is found and "saved" there is no debilitating damage, just few scars.

brain deprived on oxygen, as it happens in cases of carbon monoxide poisoning can sustain permanent damage and leave a person alive but in vegetative state. drug/medicine overdose can result in permanent damage to internal organs like kidneys and liver. both are bad choices as death takes too long and they potentially leave enough time for a botched intervention.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

Just saying!!!

send reccos to all u.s. state govt...for executions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Just saying!!!

What is to condone? One's right to choose what another does with their life?

They would have to own a car (or a least a moto) and run it in a sealed area.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

dorothy parker

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Windeguy ..I believe you are right and as long as a person is in a reasonable mental state he should have the right to terminate his life when ever he wishes . It is when he is not in a reasonable mental state that a problem can occur and for that reason , many people, including myself , have a legal document saying that a relation or close friend has the right to pull the plug on the person named in the document when there is advice from two doctors that the person named can not take that decision for himself . So often farmers have to play God with animals in dreadful pain or not able to get up yet we prefer to see other people in chronic suffering , still suffer more ...just because we do not feel comfortable with death

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a father of a good friend of mine tried few times before he succeeded. he was not ill or in physical pain, he just did not want to be here anymore. it was a struggle decades long. he was never able to find peace living.