DNCD seizes 11 people with 133 packages of cocaine in Las Galeras, Samana

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
[computer translation]

DNCD seizes 11 people with 133 packages of cocaine in Las Galeras, Samana [photos in first link, wow]

Santo Domingo. The National Drug Control under the legal direction of the Public Prosecutor La Playita forfeiture of Galeras in Samana 133 packages of a white substance presumably cocaine or heroin wrapped in plastic sheeting and duct tape and dismantled a powerful network of drug traffickers carrying drugs to Puerto Rico, seizing 11 of them, who will soon be made available to justice.

133 packages that would be transported by sea to Puerto Rico, were seized inside a boat 30 feet long, with two outboard motors 60 and 40 horsepower each (one installed and one to be used in case of emergency).

Eight of those arrested were aboard the vessel and the remaining three were arrested on land. The DNCD seeks to other accomplices to bring them to justice.

Arrested with 133 packages of the drug five bags aboard the vessel, simulating transport people in the area of ​​Samana, as a way to mislead investigators for several weeks handled the intelligence in the sense that the network It was devoted to transport drugs to Puerto Rico.

At present, the authorities of the DNCD accompanied the Public Prosecutor conducted several raids in the area of ​​Las Galeras and Samana late locate other possible identity of the cache.

At the DNCD arrested and the Public Ministry, confiscated their equipment GPS coordinates and numbers to locate your destination, as well as two mobile phones activated a telephone company of Puerto Rico as a way to make contact with his accomplices once they reach the Island of the charm.

The confiscated substance shall be submitted shortly to the National Institute of Forensic Sciences (INACIF) for purposes of rigor arrested and brought to justice in the province of Samana ..

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...e-cocaina-dentro-de-una-embarcacion-FG2118575

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...33-paquetes-de-cocaina-y-apresa-a-11-personas

http://elnacional.com.do/dncd-decomisa-133-paquetes-de-cocaina-y-apresa-11-en-samana/

Sep 4, 2012
Neither of the articles is specific as of if the capture was done in pursue at sea?

Wonder if the Navy was involved?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Neither of the articles is specific as of if the capture was done in pursue at sea?

Wonder if the Navy was involved?

Eight of those arrested were aboard the vessel and the remaining three were arrested on land. The DNCD seeks to other accomplices to bring them to justice.

Arrested with 133 packages of the drug five bags aboard the vessel

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have heard several accounts in Las Galeras of drug packages landing on the shore as they throw away the drugs from the vessel when they are being pursued. Of course, an innocent pescador always find it and become millionario :)

I don't know if they are kind of urban legends, but people swear it happens. :bunny:

It makes more sense now.

Sep 4, 2012

Arrested with 133 packages of the drug five bags aboard the vessel

Weird, DNCD does not possess the capability to go into deep waters, unless this took place off of shores the Navy must have been involved.

Sep 4, 2012
I have heard several accounts in Las Galeras of drug packages landing on the shore as they throw away the drugs from the vessel when they are being pursued. Of course, an innocent pescador always find it and become millionario :)

I don't know if they are kind of urban legends, but people swear it happens. :bunny:

It makes more sense now.

There is a very good Dominican movie covering exactly the same -- I think the name is La Cadena?

May 5, 2007

It makes more sense now.

In the 1980's people were advised against walking the beaches of Florida at night, so many bales of drugs were washing ashore and the
owners were looking to claim them it became dangerous

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

It makes more sense now.

We hear the same type of stories on the south coast, that the fishermen out in their yolas come across drugs just floating out there. Of course, it's never the fisherman you're talking to :)

Sep 4, 2012
We hear the same type of stories on the south coast, that the fishermen out in their yolas come across drugs just floating out there. Of course, it's never the fisherman you're talking to :)

There was an era for that, it was changed/swapped over during Hipo to landing avionetas. Barahona was widly known about it.