Pink Elephant restaurant Sosua ?

mikemerkury

Jan 2, 2016
Hello to all !!! Need help locating the Pink Elephant restaurant in Sosua and where it is located ? I have been told that there pasta is to die for...is that tru ?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Across from Britannia Pub. Its tasty but I wouldn't give it a die for it recommendation. Save your suicide for Mulberry St in NYC or North End in Boston.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
we tried the lasagne at elefamto rosso & it was so salty it was borderline inedible.
why do dominicans mistake salt for flavor?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
we tried the lasagne at elefamto rosso & it was so salty it was borderline inedible.
why do dominicans mistake salt for flavor?

because they do not use spices. the only one they use is that abhorrent green vegetable called cilantro, which makes me retch. they put it in every dish they cook.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It is one of the most disgusting eateries in all of Sosua. The food is horrible; the "ambience," such as it is, is not exactly conducive to dining; and the service is indifferent at best. Better you should go across the street to Trattoria Italiana. Their pizza is excellent and they are very nice people. Or step out to Bologna. Or New Garden. But so not Elefante Rosso.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
It was good when the Sicilian brothers started it up a few years back. But they quite quickly sold it to the current owners, an Italian woman and her tiguere-wannabe local boyfriend.
They clearly do not have the standards the original owners had

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
I've ate there a few times. While I wouldn't say it is to die for, I thought it was decent.

As for the "tiguere-wannabe" boyfriend, he's always been decent to me. He's actually done me a couple of favors over the past couple of years.

I can think of a lot worse people in Sosua than him.

Jul 28, 2014
because they do not use spices. the only one they use is that abhorrent green vegetable called cilantro, which makes me retch. they put it in every dish they cook.

They most certainly DO NOT put cilantro in every dish, I have had more than a few dinners there and have NEVER had cilantro in mine...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"I have been told that there pasta is to die for...is that tru ?"

Nope.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, no more talking about mongering. mama is tired today so please behave.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I've only eaten there once but the shrimp pasta was very good and the guy that runs it has always been very friendly.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
We do not want to make mama unhappy! When you're good to mama:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDS1lWdpjw

[/URL]

Thanks, sounds like a good Musical (Chicago - 2002) to watch.

34qaik8.jpg