Taxi Cost Metro Bus to SDQ and Back

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
How much is a taxi from the Metro Bus Station to SDQ?
How much from SDQ to Metro Bus Station?
Both trips are on different weekdays.
Is calling Apollo still the best way?
How long should it take around 2pm going to the airport?
On return how long should it take leaving SDQ at 2pm?
We speak Spanish.
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Speaking in general terms, I think about RD$1000 is a correct fare with Apollo Taxi.

You might try and deal with another taxxi company. I understand that in SDQ there is that new
service--whose name I forget--with private drivers...Someone will chime in with the name and contact infor, I am sure.

Depending on your starting point, it can take 45 minutes to an hour plus, depending, of course, on traffic.

From the airport to the city is a different story. You can go over to the departure area and get a taxi that has just dropped off a client
and work a deal to the city. The time is about the same.

As you probably know traffic in Santo Domingo is terrible, so most people do not try to keep a strict schedule.
Go with the flow.

HB

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
How much is a taxi from the Metro Bus Station to SDQ?
How much from SDQ to Metro Bus Station?
Both trips are on different weekdays.
Is calling Apollo still the best way?
How long should it take around 2pm going to the airport?
On return how long should it take leaving SDQ at 2pm?
We speak Spanish.
Thanks

Is this a test? Sure sounds like one of those math problems from high school?

Jan 17, 2009
Last time I took a cab from Metro to SDQ I was asked for 1,200 pesos and this was probably 4 years ago. No wait. Just ask the cabbies there how much it'll be before you get into the cab.

SDQ to Metro would be whatever is posted at the airport for airport cabs. I'm guessing around $30-35 USD.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Is there anywhere close to the Metro bus station for lunch?

Plaza Central is accross the street (south). It has a food court. There are a few better restaurants north on Churchill in a plaza but I don't know their names.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Any restaurant in particular in the food court you'd recommend?
Alternatively maybe there is a restaurant at SDQ?

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
The food court is your normal fair of (I can't call them restaurants) you would find in say Plaza Int'l if you are coming from Santiago. I try my best to never eat that stuff. The airport had one decent place on the 2nd? level I believe (they also have a food court of sorts on the 3rd level overlooking the runway). Airport prices are probably around 40% higher (expensive to rent space in the a/p.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Fast food: near metro there is a KFC, also a decent sushi place in Plaza Las Americas (Roberto Pastoriza). Personally I don't like the food court of Plaza Central.

If you want to have a really nice lunch there is a nice restaurant in the same street of Metro, I think it's called La Bohemien. Another price level ofcourse.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions. Will come down to time. Bus arrives at 1:20. Flight to MIA is at 4:40pm. Might see if we can
go standby for the 3:04pm if that even exists anymore.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. Will come down to time. Bus arrives at 1:20. Flight to MIA is at 4:40pm. Might see if we can
go standby for the 3:04pm if that even exists anymore.

If I were you I would go from the Metro station directly to the a/p and eat something at the airport. You don't have a lot of time. In fact I would take Caribe Tours as just the distance from Churchill to Caribe (headed in direction of the airport) can be a pain in the a** that time of day.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for all the help. The rate from Metro to SDQ from the cabs waiting at the station is 1350. We saw KFC enroute but with bags it was too far to walk. Ended up going to Plaza International food court. Got Dominoes and it was very good. $290rd for soda and 1 topping pizza one size up from personal. When we got to the airport Dominoes there had a personal pizza, no drink for
$9 USD. We called Apollo who picked us up in front of Plaza Central and it was 1200 RD. Took about 45 minutes to get to the airport.

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Maybe this should be a new thread but the idea is similar -

I want to compare the costs of the following for a coming trip --
1. The cost for a taxi from Caribe Tours to Las Americas for my family. Do you grab a cab at the bus terminal or should pre-arrange it with a taxi company. Any suggestions of a taxi company with a phone number?
2. The cost to park a car at Las Americas for a week.

Thanks!