La Vega carnival

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I attended this event a couple of years ago and got some great photos. Maybe it was luck, but I was all over the place and didn't get hit once.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
You are only going to get hit if you are on the streets, they won't touch you if you are on the sidewalk (which usually is crowded), or just buy a entrance to a Cueva, prices usually go around 100 ~ 300 Pesos, and they have their own security.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Not only was I on the street, I was in the thick of it taking photos of the people in costumes and didn't get hit once. Nor was any attempt made to hit me by anyone. I guess I was lucky, but I was out there for quite a number of hours.

As for the atmosphere, it was very enjoyable. Lots of nice looking women in La Vega, and during Carnival they come from all over. Niiiiiiiice looking women...:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Correction-there were guys running around in devil costumes hitting people with bladders, but those things didn't hurt at all. It was so inconsequential that I totally forgot about it until I researched the thread I posted about this event back in 2011.

Also, the event I attended took place in March of 2011, so it was outside the regularly scheduled Carnival festivities that transpire in La Vega every Sunday of February.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So true.

I never went back there after the time I got whacked so hard my leg was black and blue for many days.

Sounds a little different than our Mardi Gras back home. I'll be sure to stay off the street.