Roast lamb on the menu?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Can anyone please tell me where I am guaranteed to get roast lamb on the menu locallly, i.e. Sabaneta/ Cabarete? My Scottish friends arrive on 27th and we would love to eat lamb one day but I won't kill any of my 15 which are happy in my fields!!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I saw a leg of lamb today at National Supermercado. 2,200 pesos. That equals about 71 Canadian dollars. The insanity of it all.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I don't want to cook and eat it at home!! I want to have it served to me in a nice restaurant and, if I have to go to Sosua for that, they so be it!! I did hear a rumour that they serve it and Chez Arsenio but am not sure

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I don't want to cook and eat it at home!! I want to have it served to me in a nice restaurant and, if I have to go to Sosua for that, they so be it!! I did hear a rumour that they serve it and Chez Arsenio but am not sure
If I ordered lamp shanks here or leg. I'd insist it came from New Zealand. Not to be confused with Long shanks old English king. I hope you can find some delicious lamb chops at least. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Your Scottish friends could be hugely disappointed having to eat Australian lamb, which is that sold frozen in DR supermarkets generally, which will lacks any hint of the herb infused taste found in Highland lamb through the what they eat. And good cabbage which is so much part of a Scottish diet does not exits here.

Word of warning. Your mint sauce may get made out of Menthe (peppermint) rather than Hierba Buena (mint).

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I had Dominican goat stew (chivo guisado) the other day. It's not far off the taste of lamb. I think Sandros in Cabarete does it every now and then.

Alan Read

Jun 11, 2007
Definitely have rack of lamb on the menu at Chez Arsenio - seasoned differently to what we are used to but, for me it was really good and ordered and served
nice and pink (if that's how you want it) !

Maybe best to call to check availability-

Reservations: 809-571-9948 (Spanish/English speaking)

Arsenio Cell Phone: 809-867-0801 (Spanish/English speaking)
Anne Lagan Cell Phone: 809-875-6252 ( English speaking)