Music question

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this question, but all you smart and worldly DR-1'ers are so wise, such a font, that I will ask.....

Is there any chance in hell or high water that there is a Dominican radio station that plays classical music? As in Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, etc.?

I can keep up on my iPad, but I'm a little tired of what I have downloaded, and sometimes just wish I could switch the radio on while I'm reading at night and maybe hear something different. Like some Chopin. Or Mazursky. Or Charles Ives. Or Brahms. Or even a different version of Palchelbel's "Canon and Round in D."

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
If you have Delancer Cable, change tv to radio (button above exit button) and there is a variety of satellite radio choices.Just did a quick scan Opera on #702 the classic choices are not quite what you are looking for but the jazz channel is good to read by.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am afraid the Internet is your friend on this one.

Pandora could work for you. Or other online sites that stream classical music.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
mask your IP for Pandora....

nada outside the USA last time i tried.... even Canada

but there are plenty of stations on the internet

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this question, but all you smart and worldly DR-1'ers are so wise, such a font, that I will ask.....

Is there any chance in hell or high water that there is a Dominican radio station that plays classical music? As in Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, etc.?

I can keep up on my iPad, but I'm a little tired of what I have downloaded, and sometimes just wish I could switch the radio on while I'm reading at night and maybe hear something different. Like some Chopin. Or Mazursky. Or Charles Ives. Or Brahms. Or even a different version of Palchelbel's "Canon and Round in D."

Let's start you off over 3 hours worth;

[video=youtube;jgpJVI3tDbY]x[/video]

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Nope. Don't have Delancer Cable bc I don't watch TV at all so it made no sense. And I'm not a huge jazz fan.....oy.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Let's start you off over 3 hours worth;

[video=youtube;jgpJVI3tDbY]x[/video]

Thank you, Bronxboy. I have probably 20 hours of the Old Masters. I was hoping for oh! you know! Just an afternoon of WQXR from NYC. You are very kind to share.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
From time to time, colmados plays classical merengue, I'm not sure if it's ok for you

I am a fan of classical merengue and bachata, but I was looking for something more classical classical. If you know what I mean.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No. Here in the "far east" we sometimes get a Puerto Rican station (Allegro 91.3FM) that plays classical music, but only just.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Raices - 102.9 has classical music. Not sure if it's classical all day, but in evening hours it often is.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Nope. Don't have Delancer Cable bc I don't watch TV at all so it made no sense. And I'm not a huge jazz fan.....oy.

NOT A HUGE JAZZ FAN!!!!!!! You don't know what you are missing. I hope you don't consider Kenny G jazz, because that is elevator music. In classical I am partial to Chopin but wow jazz offers SOOOOO much as well. It is like a fine wine, you need to acquire a taste and appreciation for it. Start with something easy like Spyro Gyro or Stanley Turentine's Sugar, then when you are ready step up to Coltraine or Bird.

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani

Try Tunein

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
NOT A HUGE JAZZ FAN!!!!!!! You don't know what you are missing. I hope you don't consider Kenny G jazz, because that is elevator music. In classical I am partial to Chopin but wow jazz offers SOOOOO much as well. It is like a fine wine, you need to acquire a taste and appreciation for it. Start with something easy like Spyro Gyro or Stanley Turentine's Sugar, then when you are ready step up to Coltraine or Bird.

Ummm. I do. I studied it in university (I was a music minor) and it just does not work for me. I know I am supposed to love it---the only uniquely American musical form apart from the Broadway musical---but I just don't. And it's not as if arrhthymic forms/dissonance/syncopation/free form scales don't work for me. Jazz just doesn't do it. For me. Not Bird. Not Coltrane. Not Bechet. Not Bix. Maybe Dixieland a little. Just not my cuppa.