Now only Presidente Lite?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
This is getting a little silly. I know I recently asked my friends on DR1 "where is Bohema beer". Well now I am
asking "where the heck is Presidente regular". At least around here at Super Pola and Nacional in Punta Cana I
am only seeing" Presidente lite". Again I see beers ftom all over the world being sold. Yesterday someone on
the beach was carrying a Presidente. He told me he had brought from Sto Domingo. He also said he thinks
they might be getting ready to push the new Presidente Black on the public. Is anyone here having trouble
finding Presidente?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just got some Bohemia beer in Janet's in Cabarete. Not sure if it was new old stock or if it is back in production.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
5 day long weekend with mass beer consumption. Lite is less money to make so thats all they make. Same at easter. Even Rubio's wholesale only had lite.
Regular should be back next week.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
5 day long weekend with mass beer consumption. Lite is less money to make so thats all they make. Same at easter. Even Rubio's wholesale only had lite.
Regular should be back next week.
Thanks but FYI way before this weekend Nacional only was showing Lite. I am beginning to think Nacional letting everyone
down. Too much product from the very inferior Food Club, which as we know owns them. Too bad. I will start to bring in muchmore if my own necessary items. Nacional ... You are becoming pretty irrelevant!

Peter Rich

Aug 11, 2014
Can you tell me where exactly in Cortecito is Universal?

He used to be behind the Playa Turquesa Condo just past Gladys's on the right down towards the Beach Residency. I checked the other day and he is gone. Some say he was there 4 days ago.

I have heard it said he has moved further down the main road towards El Cortecito, but no one I have spoken seems to know where. Some people appear to have his telephone number.

Anybody any further information?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Face it, DR is getting pussified. Harder and harder to find normal. As for Presidente black, I'd sooner poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Years ago I traveled to Puerto Rico via the ferry. Shopped in Walmart in San Juan and was going to bring back a 6 pack of American beer for the wife. Could only find lite(light) beer. One lady shopper told us that the government only allows lite(light) beer because so many people were over weight (Not my words, hers).

Now there's a report that Puerto Ricans are flocking to the D.R.

Is there a connection?

Are the beer companies just preparing for the influx?
Conspiracy theorists want to know

:laugh: lol

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm drinking a Presidente normal right now :cross-eye:cross-eye:cross-eye. Available in any colmado here in Santiago.

Jan 7, 2016
He used to be behind the Playa Turquesa Condo just past Gladys's on the right down towards the Beach Residency. I checked the other day and he is gone. Some say he was there 4 days ago.

I have heard it said he has moved further down the main road towards El Cortecito, but no one I have spoken seems to know where. Some people appear to have his telephone number.

Anybody any further information?

Universal de Negocios, Venedor

809-552-1355

Aug 6, 2006
In Barahona, I have never been able to buy anything but lite beer. Most colmados only sell Presidente Lite. No one had Bohemia in my area, and All that were available were Presidente Lite, m Brahama Lite and, unexpectedly, Quisqueya Lite.
I have yet to determine why anyone bothers with Brahma beer. It is about as mediocre a brew as one can find. I suppose that the colmados get a special deal to sell it from the distributors.