Paradise island / punta rucia

texan

Apr 1, 2014
We have a large group and want to do a day trip to Paradise Island from Puerto Plata. I am wondering how much it would cost to book our on 22 passenger bus and boat rides to and from the Island. The tour is around $60 a person but not sure what kind of deal they will make for a larger group. I am trying to break down the cost for a bus ride and the boat rides.

We could take our own cars but a bus sounds like an option.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
IMHO...living on the north coast (8 years) and going to Ensenada Beach many times.....I think $60.00 bucks a head is a very reasonable price especially with transportation to and from Puerto Plata. Does this include the boat ride to "cayo arena" (paradise island)? It's about a 20 min boat ride from the beach and depending on who is your "guide" it can be a bunch of fun. After snorkeling and the mangrove tour, you end up on Ensenada beach and it usually includes a lunch. BYOC (buy your own cerveza). Now you could probably find someone with a couple of gua gua's, or take your own car(s) and do it all a little cheaper. (it costs about 1K RD a head to get to the island from the beach). But hey. From POP that's not a bad deal at all and you can "indulge" and not worry about driving! Another option is to travel to El Castillo (Historic La Isabella...were I live) and catch a charter catamaran to Ensenada. Fun but a lot more $$! Respectfully.

Jan 17, 2009
$60 is a very reasonable price. We just took a tour to Paradise Island form Punta Rucia (we were staying there). I think we paid a little less (like $50) with no bus ride, but this also included a fantastic all-you-can-eat lunch on return to Punta Rucia, as well as the boat ride to the island, drinks, and snorkeling gear.