Metal roofing company in STI?

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Hi folks,
Does anyone know of a metal roofing company in Santiago? I am looking for a company that may have a variety of colors and styles. Something besides the popular "corrugated" type. "Standing seam" is really nice but way expensive. Thank you for your thoughts!! Respectfully....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
OchoA has some various styles.
The main store in Santiago (Av. Imbert) would have the largest selection.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
www.tejasol.com.do

is what you want... Santiago

Thanks Mr Webster! Sorry for the long delay in expressing my appreciation. I visited the warehouse several months ago and their stuff looked great and reasonably priced. I forwarded my design to their engineer and....well....after about a month or so (typical DR delays) I did receive a formal quote. It was about what I expected. Guaranteed for 50 years and able to stand 150 MPH winds....if they do the installation. It is also "cool to the touch" on the underside...bla bla bla. My wooden roof framing is going up now as I write this. I'll report back in a month or so when the project is finished. NICE STUFF!!!! Respectfully....

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Update: Our wood roof framing and roof boards were completed last weekend. I called TEJASOL last Friday morning to let them know I was ready. Monday, Luis (the engineer) came out to have a look and take some final measurements to confirm what I had provided him through email. (On a side note I was an electrical engineer in my past life. Not an architect by a long shot, but I was within a few square feet (meters) of calculating the square footage of my designed roof...so proud of me!!). Luis said the crew would be here Wednesday morning. At 7:00AM Wednesday morning, a crew of 8 guys showed up. It was somewhere between a hurricane and a tornado with the speed at which they worked. I also had to install some "solar brackets" just ahead of them as they moved up the south side of the roof. At 3:00pm, they left. Job perfect and complete and looks fantastic! I should mention that they also cleaned up every single scrap of wood and pieces of the stone coated steel material cuttings. They left the place CLEAN and did not damage anything. I was very impressed. The other guys working on the house could only say "Esos tipos son muy r?pidos"! I give this company a thumbs up! I am not sure if I can post a picture here but I'll check it out later. THANKS!!! DR1 Works again!!!