Anyone ever been to Botegga Fratelli?

joselowe

May 5, 2015
I'm trying to take my friend out for his birthday somewhere nice, we've been to Pura Tasca, Pat E Palo and I've been to El Meson De La Cava, I wasn't too impresssed, but it was okay. So I'm deciding now if I should take him to El Meson De La Cava or Botegga Fratelli

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When is this? If not right now I'd wait for El Buche Perico opening in Zona Colonial most likely next week. I saw the place inside over the weekend and it's spectacular. I haven't seen a restaurant that nicely decorated and well thought of before in DR. No comment on the food yet of course, but the menu looks promising.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
If you want to impress and you are ready to spend some $ (same as Pate Palo, Fratelli etc) I would suggest you La Cassina

Meson de la cava is a very nice place but the food is nothing special

joselowe

May 5, 2015
When is this? If not right now I'd wait for El Buche Perico opening in Zona Colonial most likely next week. I saw the place inside over the weekend and it's spectacular. I haven't seen a restaurant that nicely decorated and well thought of before in DR. No comment on the food yet of course, but the menu looks promising.

It's not for another 2 weeks. Do you have a copy of the menu or know where I can get additional info?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It's not for another 2 weeks. Do you have a copy of the menu or know where I can get additional info?

They are keeping it rather secretive....part of the fun I guess. Let me try to get a copy of the menu and a firm opening date.

joselowe

May 5, 2015
If you want to impress and you are ready to spend some $ (same as Pate Palo, Fratelli etc) I would suggest you La Cassina

Meson de la cava is a very nice place but the food is nothing special
Which has better food Fratelli or Cassina?