JCE vs Uncle Sam

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
From today?s online edition of Dominican Today;

Dominican Republic officials push back Washington?s gay push.

Santo Domingo.- Deputy and National District senate candidate Vinicio Castillo on Thursday asked the Central Electoral Board to order a halt to the US International Development?s (USAID) announced funding of candidates who support the LGBT agenda.

The minority FNP party lawmaker made request citing a violation of the Constitution, which stipulates that all government agencies must avert intervention in Dominican Republic?s internal affairs, and Article 55 of the Electoral Law, which forbids foreign governments from financing an electoral campaign for parties or candidates.

"Never at any time in Dominican Republic?s history has a foreign government or agency announced funding of candidates; this is unprecedented and a shameful affront to the Dominican Republic and its electoral process, which violates all international system of respect for the principle of nonintervention and self-determination of states," Castillo said in a statement.

Electoral Board

Just hours after Castillo?s statement, Electoral Board president Roberto Rosario warned that the JCE won?t allow foreign organizations or governments to fund candidates to elected posts, as announced by the USAID/

"In this regard, and to answer your question, I recall that Article 47 of Electoral Law 275-97 defines the sources of income of parties and candidates to contest a process, which stipulates that contributions, direct or indirect, from foreign governments, to support parties and/or campaign finance, is unlawful," Rosario told reporters.

Source; http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...blic-officials-push-back-Washingtons-gay-push

Bad. Bad. Bad.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
From today?s online edition of Dominican Today;

Dominican Republic officials push back Washington’s gay push.

Santo Domingo.- Deputy and National District senate candidate Vinicio Castillo on Thursday asked the Central Electoral Board to order a halt to the US International Development’s (USAID) announced funding of candidates who support the LGBT agenda.

The minority FNP party lawmaker made request citing a violation of the Constitution, which stipulates that all government agencies must avert intervention in Dominican Republic’s internal affairs, and Article 55 of the Electoral Law, which forbids foreign governments from financing an electoral campaign for parties or candidates.

"Never at any time in Dominican Republic’s history has a foreign government or agency announced funding of candidates; this is unprecedented and a shameful affront to the Dominican Republic and its electoral process, which violates all international system of respect for the principle of nonintervention and self-determination of states," Castillo said in a statement.

Electoral Board

Just hours after Castillo’s statement, Electoral Board president Roberto Rosario warned that the JCE won’t allow foreign organizations or governments to fund candidates to elected posts, as announced by the USAID/

"In this regard, and to answer your question, I recall that Article 47 of Electoral Law 275-97 defines the sources of income of parties and candidates to contest a process, which stipulates that contributions, direct or indirect, from foreign governments, to support parties and/or campaign finance, is unlawful," Rosario told reporters.

Source; http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...blic-officials-push-back-Washingtons-gay-push

Bad. Bad. Bad.

On another board where I am a presence it is against the rules to use abbreviations except for a very few USA and NFL are a cople of those accepted. If one uses an unknown abbreviation they have to identify it. So what does JCE stand for?
Der Fish

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
Junta central electoral, something like that
I ain't even touching this subject

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
On another board where I am a presence it is against the rules to use abbreviations except for a very few USA and NFL are a cople of those accepted. If one uses an unknown abbreviation they have to identify it. So what does JCE stand for?
Der Fish

So little time...so much to learn.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I still have absolutely no idea why some people need to stand on a hill a proclaim what their sexual preference is. Who gives a sh!t.
I really don't think anyone cares what consenting adults do.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Der Fish

Ein Fish,
After all this time in the DR with a Dominican wife?
I thought you were going to ask what LGBT stands for.
At least you remember the important stuff like NFL!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From today's DR1 News - two items. Did the media misunderstand what the USAID rep said?

LGBT Chamber of Commerce to channel new business
The United States Embassy in the Dominican Republic and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), together with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of the United States (NGLCC) inaugurated the LGBT Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic during the Fourth Gay and Lesbian Summit of the Americas (NGLCC-LGBT) held 2-3 March 2016 in Santo Domingo at the JW Marriott Hotel.
During the Summit, US Ambassador James Brewster and USAID representative Alexandra Panehal spoke about the importance of the LGBT Chamber of Commerce for business in the Dominican Republic. The LGBT Chamber, which is funded by the USAID office in the Dominican Republic, completed its incorporation paperwork this week. Since the arrival of ambassador James Brewster, the US Embassy has maintained a high profile in promoting LGBT rights in the Dominican Republic.
Chance Mitchell, president of the NGLCC and the presidents of the LGBT chambers in Canada, Colombia and Costa Rica took part.
During the summit, Panehal addressed the reporters and members of this new Chamber of Commerce, and said that the new chamber of commerce would have a positive impact on the Dominican Republic's business environment. She added that the event "is a reflection of USAID's continuing commitment to work with all groups in order to create and strengthen local organizations in the developing world which can support LGBT individuals."
One of the purposes of the chamber is to support and strengthen companies whose owners are members of the LGBT community, especially small businesses.
The new chamber is supported by the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce of the United States (NGLCC). The entity is described as the business voice of the LGBT community and is the largest global not-for-profit advocacy organization dedicated to expanding economic opportunities and advancements for LGBT people.
According to ITB Berlin, the world's largest travel fair, the gay and lesbian travel is one of the fastest-growing markets for the international travel industry.
The board members of the LGBT Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic are Francisco Castillo, president, Jimmy Gonzalez, vice president, Michelle Ricardo, secretary, Ivelisse Rodriguez, treasurer and members Gretina Rivera and Anthony Melo.
The LGBT Chamber of Commerce is based at No. 711, Paseo de los Locutores, third floor, El Millon, Santo Domingo. The contact telephone number is 829 748-2020.
Read more:
https://www.facebook.com/cclgbtdr
http://nglcc.org
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/03/02/inauguran-camara-comercio-lgbt-republica-dominicana
http://acento.com.do/2016/economia/...l-para-el-turismo-y-el-exito-de-las-empresas/

JCE: US funding for gay candidates "against the law"
Central Electoral Board (JCE) president Roberto Rosario says that the reported funding for campaigns of gay or lesbian candidates is against the law. Rosario cited Article 47 of Electoral Law 275-97, which establishes that direct or indirect contributions from foreign governments are illegal.
He made the comment in response to an article published in El Caribe as part of the newspaper's coverage of the Fourth Gay and Lesbian Summit of the Americas (NGLCC-LGBT) held 2-3 March 2016 at the JW Marriott Hotel in Santo Domingo.
El Caribe reported that the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has provided US$1 million to strengthen the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender cause in the Dominican Republic, including activities by political candidates who support the LGBT movement.
As reported in El Caribe, during the Summit, USAID representative Alexandra Panehal said that as well as supporting the new chamber of commerce the USAID was funding LGBT candidates who are running for office in the 2016 general election.
As quoted in El Nacional, Panehal said: "You know that we are in an election campaign and there are some, as you all know, citizens, including members of the LGBT community, and also the strengthening of Dominican organizations that represent the interests of the LGBT community in the Dominican Republic." El Caribe reporters interpreted this as support for gay politicians in the Dominican Republic, making it their headline story on Thursday, 3 March 2016 ("US will finance candidates that support gays").
Rosario said that he would submit a preventive measure next week to prevent the USAID from providing any sort of funding to gay politicians. He said the decision falls within the JCE's policy to guarantee equal opportunities for candidates. He said that as measures have been taken to prevent public funds from being used, they are even less likely to permit foreign governments to fund candidates. He said that US funding would put the candidate at an unfair advantage.
http://elnacional.com.do/jce-impedira-eeuu-financie-candidatos/
https://issuu.com/elcaribe/docs/periodico20160303?e=1423128/3825453

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
There is a petition now to remove WALLY from the DR ambassador. its on the Whitehouse website

Jan 7, 2016
There is a petition now to remove WALLY from the DR ambassador. its on the Whitehouse website

Probably no way they're gonna get 90+K signatures by the April 16th Deadline...nobody's interested in this topic in the U.S. anymore...we're the "rainbow country" now!

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The DR should amend the law(S) so they can arrest the Americans in the DR who work for USAID that are funding this.
Assuming the law only applies to DR candidate citizens.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Alternatively, DR could also choose to not accept any funding from usaid. There. Problem solved. Yeah, right.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Well then, that makes it even easier. However, I think the powers that be do prefer demagoguery to making any actual positive change.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Ein Fish,
After all this time in the DR with a Dominican wife?
I thought you were going to ask what LGBT stands for.
At least you remember the important stuff like NFL!

Mi dominicana just this AM asked me which political party I was with, naming the local Dominican ones, and I assured her i knew not the difference between one and the other.