Current taxi rate sdq to boca chica

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
All taxis out of SDQ are operated by the union SICHALA with set rates

http://www.aerodom.com/app/do/f-taxi.aspx

Can't advise rates to BC. I use them for the city and always confirm the rate before boarding knowing my day rate as they always try to rush you into the taxi. I would guess at about 700rd (c15US).

Last edited:

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Most hotels have a service they recommend, it's worth booking in advance with the service the hotel recommends as it's least likely to end up lost and you're most likely to get to the hotel safely (otherwise it will cause a lot of hassle for the hotel). I think US$ 15 to anywhere from the airport is way too low. All the airport taxis are charging US$40 or US$50 to the Colonial Zone these days, so I'd imagine they would want at least US$30 to Boca Chica.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Tourist taxis, air conditioned, with an honest driver who speaks some English, between US$40 and US$50 one way. Uber is cheaper sometimes.

I presume you are quoting a rate to the city rather than Boca Chica as OP requests. The prices you quote would be OTT to BC which is about a 10 minute ride.

The union taxis air conditioned as the rule, are secure, fixed rate and no arguing and most of the drivers who all wear yellow uniforms speak some English. Their rate to Bella Vista which is District National towards the west of the city is 1500rd set price (US$32). Zona Colonial would be 1200rd (US$26). Always a bit less going to airport. I pay 1200rd going using Apollo Taxis.
300rd for the union!

They have a desk at Arrivals and one outside where all the rates are posted. All their employees wear yellow. No arguing if you now the rules and avoid the pirates who hang by the door......a word of caution some of the guys will try and take you to a union taxi through the main entrance rather than take you to the left where the dispatcher waits and the taxis queue. He takes you to another union taxi jumping the queue.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The rate is 30 USD or 1300 pesos, expensive yes but that's the rate.

Some one asked the union two days ago in the messages that can be found on the link I posted in post #2.

They quoted US$50 return.....

Buenas tardes:
Gracias por contactar. Este traslado ida y regreso Aeropuerto Las Am?ricas- Boca Chica tiene un costo total de $50. Aplica de 1-4 personas. Para confirmar env?enos su fecha de llegada y n?mero de vuelo y se le esperar? con un cartel con su nombre. sichala

Very costly imo and I would go check the tariff board at the airport before agreeing to that. They want to tie tourists in to high rates by confirming online in advance and they wait for you with name board so you don't see the true fixed rates.

The difference in cost of the UBER rates from Santo Domingo to SDQ and Santo Domingo to Boca Chica tells you all. Yes RD 200. It is a really short ride of a few kilometres and less than 10 minutes with no traffic. US$25 or US$30 one way is utter rip off.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Yes BUT it's the official taxi rate. Remember where you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is one and only one official rate from SDQ and that is that posted by the Tourism Ministry appointed taxi operator SICHALA and their official rates are posted on a board to all destinations countrywide behind the despatchers desk on leaving the Arrivals hall on the left hand side by the waiting taxi rank....all personnel in yellow jackets.

SICHALA quoted a tourist on line two days ago a return journey to Boca Chica for 1 to 4 people at US$50 return. So a US$25 return is the maximum you are likely going to find on the official taxi fare board or perhaps I guess a lot less. I will check the official rate on my next trip in and out in a week...I fly all the time in and out and know the ropes and try to help visitors getting ripped off.

As I posted I pay the official rate of US$1500 ($32) to Bella Vista which takes up to 45 minutes and is about 25 miles away and a good 20 minutes beyond Zona Colonial. The journey took nearly one and a half hour the other day in the rush hour and I still paid the same. Boca Chica is less than 10 minutes from SDQ and about a quarter the distance of Santo Domingo.

Use the official union taxis with fixed rates and you won't get ripped off.

I presume your official rate is the rate posted by SICHLA on their notice board at the airport and perhaps you can confirm this to the OP.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
30 one way makes perfect sense when a round trip is 50. 30 is the one way rate not 25. Done.. over and out.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
30 one way makes perfect sense when a round trip is 50. 30 is the one way rate not 25. Done.. over and out.

Its really such a short ride, I would pay about $15.00. I usually pay $20 to Zona colonial from the airport $25.00 the most. **** those taxi drivers, I pay them what I want.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Let's put this one to bed.

The official taxi company SINCHALA (sindicado chofers aeropuerto las americas) from SDQ does not have a price board behind the despatchers desk as is the case at other airports.

I questioned this today on departure.

I was shown a book in English with rates.

I looked at the rate to return to my home in Santo Domingo and it was very very high in US Dollars. I queried this rate and then asked to see the Boca Chica rate.

Surprise suprise it was $30 US.

I said for a ten minute drive this was ludicrous and more than what I pay to go to Santo Domingo Bella Vista.

He agreed and said the rate is actually 1000rd but the gringos pay more and don't ask.

Take note. Still too high and a determined gringo will pay less!!

The official rate is therefore 1000rd....end of story.......

Last edited:

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
May I also add that after you get off a plane you are almost always carrying quite a lot of items of value - your passport, your money, a computer or two, gifts. And you are disorientated, different country, different temperature, effects of flying. All of which means you are at your most vulnerable. I always book a known driver to meet me and pick me up, even when I fly back to my home in the UK. Don't take risks to save $10.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks for putting this to rest. We can now refer to this thread and save 300 pesos.:)

May I also add that after you get off a plane you are almost always carrying quite a lot of items of value - your passport, your money, a computer or two, gifts. And you are disorientated, different country, different temperature, effects of flying. All of which means you are at your most vulnerable. I always book a known driver to meet me and pick me up, even when I fly back to my home in the UK. Don't take risks to save $10.

Could not agree more. For tourists after a long flight who really cares about negotiating to save 300 pesos or whatever. As a matter of fact how many tourists would be able to negotiate in Spanish? Pay the fare and be on your way...........