Investigation into Super Tucano planes underway - Bribes what a surprise

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
23-03-16
Investigation into Super Tucano planes underway

Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito says that an investigation is underway in connection with the supposed bribes paid during the purchase of the Super Tucano planes.

He said that his office and the Brazilian legal system have been cooperating by checking documents and they would present their conclusions when the time was right. The Attorney General said that they have been asking Brazil for information since 2013 and while they have some, they are still waiting for other documentation.

Dominguez Brito said that the case was by no means closed.

The Wall Street Journal recently disclosed irregularities in the transaction involving bribes to push through the sale of the Super Tucano to the Dominican Air Force during the Fernandez administration.

Source: DR1, DiarioLibre

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Just another page of the failed war on drugs.

Not true. The war has been a resounding success - for the traffickers.

Legalize, regulate, and tax it like crazy. Take the money and use it for education and treatment. Take the rest of the money, and use it to repair their infrastructure. I'm sure most Dominicans would appreciate clean water and safe roads in non-election years as well...

There's all kinds of tax revenue to be made. Colorado made 70 million on cannabis taxes, nearly twice as much as for liquor taxes over the same period.

The DR is a major narcotraffic waypoint. Drugs ain't going away, so they might as well exercise some control that doesn't involve gunfights.

http://time.com/4037604/colorado-marijuana-tax-revenue/

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DRob, I could not agree more. Repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over again has to stop. It is insanity.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
just shocking. We all know what happens when a corrupt country makes a large purchase from another corrupt country. Thats why the planes were not bought in the US. Just about anyone who is warm to the touch knew this deal was a great opportunity to steal. What is more surprising is that the planes are still flying.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
DRob, I could not agree more. Repeatedly making the same mistakes over and over again has to stop. It is insanity.

Bite Lionel in the ASS give him some jail time for his reelection. He needs to become president again to avoid prison!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

Legalize, regulate, and tax it like crazy. Take the money and use it for education and treatment. Take the rest of the money, and use it to repair their infrastructure. I'm sure most Dominicans would appreciate clean water and safe roads in non-election years as well...

There's all kinds of tax revenue to be made. Colorado made 70 million on cannabis taxes, nearly twice as much as for liquor taxes over the same period.

The DR is a major narcotraffic waypoint. Drugs ain't going away, so they might as well exercise some control that doesn't involve gunfights.

That's the way we're headed in Canada under Trudeau's government. Police forces have better things to go then pursue time wasting marijuana laws. I, for one, will be happy to sit down and enjoy a few hash brownies every now and then.

Even Arnold the Terminator saw the value of taxing it when he was governor of California.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Just another page of the failed war on drugs.

It may have succeeded in its original intent also.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html#

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Just about every aircraft purchase anywhere in the world has 'sweeteners' added.Because of the enormous sums involved this is considered normal,whether it's military or civil,in the US,Europe Africa or anywhere else.

Most of the manufacturers and sellers have a slush fund neatly hidden somewhere in the budget.

(Just wish I had got my share a couple of times...)