Chillis Restaraunt

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
I hear chillis restaurant is closing down suddenly in 2 weeks, does anyone know why and will it be re- opening again

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I hear chillis restaurant is closing down suddenly in 2 weeks, does anyone know why and will it be re- opening again

I hope not....horrible place.......Bad food prepared in a disgusting manner.......non existing service....

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
dv8 link is correct. The OP is asking about Chili's a Thai restaurant in La Mulatta, Sosua. The other is a mundane US restaurant chain.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Any word where the chef is heading to? It was the only Asian (non-sushi) restaurant I've been to in DR where I didn't feel like spitting the food out and walking out.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
This restaurant lost her chief there is already more than one year... she returned in Thailand, since it's the owner German who did the dishes... and the prices up too.... don't know why he close if he close the restaurant.... but Saturday he did a farewell party.

Any word where the chef is heading to? It was the only Asian (non-sushi) restaurant I've been to in DR where I didn't feel like spitting the food out and walking out.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I liked the food there. Nice atmosphere. The owner will go to Germany. May or may not come back.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Chili's in Sosua

I ate there once and was barely able to get through the meal. It didn't matter that it wasn't even vaguely traditional Thai food. It was practically inedible. And then I was sick as a dog for the next two days. I am sorry to hear that a local business that is not chica-related is closing, but I will certainly not miss it.