Jaws2003 question.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Jaws2003 asked 'So what's up with women over 30 down there?' in another thread.

We are now in the right thread (which will likely last three pages and no more)....and to add the forum has been quiet of late and this section ignites comments.

Based upon my experience....and it will no doubt be limited compared to some others despite serious time served in DR.........campo uneducated women with children get bitter...if unattached after their late twenties.

Their minds go 'dizzie',they lose their form. They bitch argue and fight. They regret their past and periods of exploitation and abuse. Their premature pregnancies out of wedlock or love pain them and have driven them to deeper desperation to survive. In some cases they have looked for foreign comforts. They lose all values and decency.

I you have lived campo life for 5 years like me you will recognize that from the age of 12 or 13 they patrol the
barrio streets at the weekend....perhaps mother induced....and by the time they are 15 have a child in tow.

Now some will say this is not the norm. And yes there are campo and tourist zones exceptions...but not so many......time for a short briefing to Jaws2003.

Most of us single men have been burnt one way or another.......

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Jaws2003 asked 'So what's up with women over 30 down there?' in another thread.

We are now in the right thread (which will likely last three pages and no more)....and to add the forum has been quiet of late and this section ignites comments.

Based upon my experience....and it will no doubt be limited compared to some others despite serious time served in DR.........campo uneducated women with children get bitter...if unattached after their late twenties.

Their minds go 'dizzie',they lose their form. They bitch argue and fight. They regret their past and periods of exploitation and abuse. Their premature pregnancies out of wedlock or love pain them and have driven them to deeper desperation to survive. In some cases they have looked for foreign comforts. They lose all values and decency.

I you have lived campo life for 5 years like me you will recognize that from the age of 12 or 13 they patrol the
barrio streets at the weekend....perhaps mother induced....and by the time they are 15 have a child in tow.

Now some will say this is not the norm. And yes there are campo and tourist zones exceptions...but not so many......time for a short briefing to Jaws2003.

Most of us single men have been burnt one way or another.......

in other words, they have retired.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
The women over 30 are all over the island still trying to attach themselves to a man, preferably one who will support them any other man "NO sirve." All of them each and every one will explain to you that "all other women" just want you for your money, but I am different. I love you for you." Even though she doesn't work she insists that she wishes she had a job, but find her a job and she will have thousands of reasons why she cannot do that job, but she wants to work! Hell yes!
Der Fish

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The women over 30 are all over the island still trying to attach themselves to a man, preferably one who will support them any other man "NO sirve." All of them each and every one will explain to you that "all other women" just want you for your money, but I am different. I love you for you." Even though she doesn't work she insists that she wishes she had a job, but find her a job and she will have thousands of reasons why she cannot do that job, but she wants to work! Hell yes!
Der Fish

a perfect understanding of the species. those over 30 know that their days of selling poon are over, but they are not exactly prepared for a job at Google. so, they are just looking for a host to which to attach themselves.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Der Fish

Thousands of Dominican men fall for lines as well.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Sometimes I wish I could just lose my mind and walk around the whole country wearing a sandwich board with the Eleanor Roosevelt quote, in Spanish, Kreole, French, Italian, English/American. You know, the one where she said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

From my still shallow understanding of customs/cultural norms, as a First World woman, I don't expect anybody to know who Eleanor Roosevelt was, but I do harbor a wish that more women here would internalize those words.

And it's like Hollywood: sometimes she work out, and most time she don't.

I have an opinion about the Local Biz in Sosua, but not/no/never/ever judgement. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Last edited:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I've had a few short term relationships with educated and poorly educated DR women ranging in age from 28 to 40 years. The younger poorly educated do have a reliance on men to support them, especially if they have young children. They prefers foreigners if they are able to attract them and tend to shy away from DR men, believing there are not as reliable a source of income as foreigners.

The educated women I've met also exercise caution around DR men, especially if they are less educated and have limited incomes. The education women tend be be more independent, they own property, are driven in the sense that they want to do well and dont need men in their lives to achieve this. One women I dated, a medical doctor, was tired of DR men trying to use her as a source of income. I'm sure there are well meaning DR men available, but the DR women I've met think otherwise. The educated women tend to gravitate towards the major cities where there are more opportunities for them to succeed. The poorly educated women with children who live in the countryside are trapped in a cycle of poverty they can't escape.

The one thing that's remains true is a good education changes their perspective on life.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Took me a while to figure out what this thread was about, reading its title.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Took me a while to figure out what this thread was about, reading its title.

I still don't understand the title. I thought it was going to be a discussion about a Jaws movie sequel that was made in 2003.

I clicked out of curiosity.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
a perfect understanding of the species. those over 30 know that their days of selling poon are over, but they are not exactly prepared for a job at Google. so, they are just looking for a host to which to attach themselves.

and all FB profiles will say "Work at Facebook".

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
30 seems to be the more or less non stated "expiration date" for many DR females...
Unlike many western females, time takes it revenge in a harsh way (sun, lifestyle or genetics), while younger more attractive competitors are constantly jumping into the same pond....
Of course there are some exceptions where a finely aged wine can hold its own...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
30 seems to be the more or less non stated "expiration date" for many DR females...
Unlike many western females, time takes it revenge in a harsh way (sun, lifestyle or genetics), while younger more attractive competitors are constantly jumping into the same pond....
Of course there are some exceptions where a finely aged wine can hold its own...

Dominican women are done by the time they reach 30 because they themselves think so. when i lived in NYC, some of the finest women i ever met were Latina 30 somethings of all stripes. i met 40 year old Ecuadorians and Puerto Ricans who would get all dressed up on a Saturday night and compete with the 20 something girls. there were no Dominican women at those adult clubs, because Dominican women think that the conventional dating and party game is a young girl thing, and you should step away when you make 30.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few weeks ago i was walking on a beach with a friend, ranking women. the only ones with attractive bodies turned out, upon closer inspection of the face, to be 14-16 years old. virtually all women over 25 were not fcukable in my eyes: fat, protruding belly, jelly thighs, cellulite, faces of chickenpox. no idea whether it comes from having kids, heavy usage, lack of exercise, giving up or any other reason.

in santiago and SD i see better meat cuts when it comes to older women although many are botoxed within a milliliter of botulinum from the house of wax extra.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I also dont know exactly What this thread is about but I think I can guess.
And I will but say this much about Dominican Woman ( young, and even 30?s) that any man plans on having any type of serious relationship with one.
If she is not educated, does not have a REAL job. Does not have her own place, or at least with another female roommate, can not carry a conversation about Curent world events, not just babble about the latest music and her friends gossip . Can not get a 10 year Tourism Visa on her own
. Can not Cook, and does not go out of her way to make sure you are dressed proper, and does your clothes for you etc.
If you cant find a DOMINICANA with almost every single one of those qualities and qualifications checked off.
imo, You are ROYALLY wasting your time and certainly your money.. The search is worth the effort, and they definitely DO exist..
Its really sad watching guys settle for a woman they would barely settle for back home, so why you going to a 3rd world country to do this ?
Some guys really should just stay home. They just not cut out for having relationships with a woman from ANY other culture, and sometimes barely with one of their own.
just my .02

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
few weeks ago i was walking on a beach with a friend, ranking women. the only ones with attractive bodies turned out, upon closer inspection of the face, to be 14-16 years old. virtually all women over 25 were not fcukable in my eyes: fat, protruding belly, jelly thighs, cellulite, faces of chickenpox. no idea whether it comes from having kids, heavy usage, lack of exercise, giving up or any other reason.

in santiago and SD i see better meat cuts when it comes to older women although many are botoxed within a milliliter of botulinum from the house of wax extra.

you have hit so many nails squarely on the heads. including the matter of Santiago women. physically speaking, they are leaps and bounds ahead of most other women i see. the average 25 year old woman has a Presidente gut, and is just basically all washed up, and used up.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The biggest difference that I have seen is that the tendency to become instantly possessive, already high will spike after 30 to a point where no amount of assurance is satisfactory. I have always found it puzzling how Women there in their 30's and 40's who will turn heads anywhere in the world are completely overlooked in their native culture.

The country is a paradox in that for foreigners it's the land of unlimited opportunity from a social standpoint but for most of the locals it's the land of unfulfilled expectations. There are too many People walking around with a pocket full of wooden nickels. That is probably why most of those who have to hustle to make ends meet are always looking to bag a whale. Squirrel meat doesn't last a day.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The biggest difference that I have seen is that the tendency to become instantly possessive.

i know this gal who'd call her guy first thing in the morning, around 5 am. at that time he was married to another woman, btw. in any case, she'd continue to call him during the day and god forbid if he would not pick up. once he registered 86 missed calls from her in one day. yikes. if someone wants to call me at 5 am they better be at a hospital having a double amputation. wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.