Hello...Almond milk

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Hi I'm currently in the capital for a month. does anyone know where I can get almond milk? Does La Sirena carry it?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Haha...You guys cracks me up.

Yes, they sell it at La Sirena and i'm pretty sure at National Supermarkets as well.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
every supermarket carries it nowadays, check health food section.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Nacional, bravo, pricesmart , All have it. Pricesmart os cheapest.

Sometimes they have it on the organic shelf and not where the normal milk is.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
http://wellnessmama.com/366/organic-almond-milk-recipe/

Instructions

1) Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure water with ? tsp sea salt. This is an important step as it breaks down the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors and cultures beneficial enzymes in the almonds. (side note: soaking nuts should be done before eating them as well. Soak nuts in salt water for 12 hours, rinse them, and dry in oven on lowest heat. See tutorial above.)
2) Rinse almonds well. Mix almonds with pure water in blender or Vitamix.3)
3) Blend several minutes until smooth and creamy. (Warning: mixture will expand some, so make sure your blender is not full before starting it)
4) Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sprout bag, cheese cloth or kitchen towel.
5) Put mixture back into blender with vanilla, soaked dates, or other sweetener.
6) Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to one week.

Notes:

Save the pulp of the almonds, put on cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour, which can be used in recipes in place of flour.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
http://wellnessmama.com/366/organic-almond-milk-recipe/

Instructions

1) Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure water with ? tsp sea salt. This is an important step as it breaks down the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors and cultures beneficial enzymes in the almonds. (side note: soaking nuts should be done before eating them as well. Soak nuts in salt water for 12 hours, rinse them, and dry in oven on lowest heat. See tutorial above.)
2) Rinse almonds well. Mix almonds with pure water in blender or Vitamix.3)
3) Blend several minutes until smooth and creamy. (Warning: mixture will expand some, so make sure your blender is not full before starting it)
4) Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sprout bag, cheese cloth or kitchen towel.
5) Put mixture back into blender with vanilla, soaked dates, or other sweetener.
6) Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to one week.

Notes:

Save the pulp of the almonds, put on cookie sheet and dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry. Run through blender or food processor to make almond flour, which can be used in recipes in place of flour.

Or........ Go to the supermarket :)

I buy it for our son, who is lactose intolerant. He married a girl who has Celiac disease (no gluten), and their first child will be born in a few months. Let's hope the baby has chosen their genes wisely.

Almond milk isn't bad at all, I prefer it to soy.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Or........ Go to the supermarket :)

I buy it for our son, who is lactose intolerant. He married a girl who has Celiac disease (no gluten), and their first child will be born in a few months. Let's hope the baby has chosen their genes wisely.

Almond milk isn't bad at all, I prefer it to soy.

Anyone know whare to get goats milk. I love it!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've seen it in few supermarkets in formula sections. either canned powder or canned condensed milk.