Orange private number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi evryone, I get quite often phone calls on my cell phone which are from a private number. This is really disturbing me. I have an orange number. How could I know who is calling with that private number?
:)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Probably no way.

I know that with "Claro" for instance, you can set your phone not to accept calls marked as "Private".

That would at least block the calls from disturbing you if Orange (or your phone) allows the same thing.

Check your options on your phone.

Jul 28, 2014
What exactly are you going to go to the police with, the fact someone calls you and you don't know them?? Not sure why its disturbing you unless you hear a rattle in your closet from all the bones...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can go to the Police, give them money for "gas", other expenses, etc. Then they can go buy some good Rum on you.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Telephone calls are just like emails from people you don't know. Don't answer the call; let it go to voicemail. If it's important the caller may leave a message. If the calls are bothering you at night, turn on your privacy/quiet time options. Don't have a smart phone that can do this, make the decision to upgrade to one.

Newer android releases and phones have all sorts of privacy settings. No caller ID, straight to voicemail. Only allow calls from people in your contact list. Quiet times when calls and notifications are muted or silenced.

Phones are public communication devices and people who are not engaged in deliberate and protracted harassment are free to call you as often as they want even at 3:30 am if they so choose. It's up to you to unplug, turn off or implement some other method of limiting annoyances and distractions.

If you feel that you are being harassed, you can file a report with your cell carrier. They have the records of who called you, when, and if there is a clear pattern of abuse, they can put a stop to it, if they want to.

The police will just laugh at you and ask for 200.00 pesos for occupying space standing front of them.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well, bashing... :)

Actually all these phone calls were a real problem for me... So I first went to Sosua police to ask what to do.
The guy was nice and helpfull. Did not ask any dinero. He told me to go to Orange in POP. So I went and now I have the number which kept calling me

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, bashing... :)

Actually all these phone calls were a real problem for me... So I first went to Sosua police to ask what to do.
The guy was nice and helpfull. Did not ask any dinero. He told me to go to Orange in POP. So I went and now I have the number which kept calling me

Happy to hear.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.