Over 150,000 Haitians Returning from the Dominican Republic in 10 Months

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

Official repatriation operations and returns qualified as “voluntary and spontaneous” of Haitian migrants living in an irregular migratory situation in the Dominican Republic, continue to the Haitian-Dominican border.
In March 2016, 5,600 Haitians returned to Haiti (2,907 returnees and 2,753 cases of voluntary returns) were recorded, less than in February where nearly 8,000 Haitian nationals had returned to the country.
These migrants repatriated, aged between 19 and 49 years, were returned in particular via the official border points Malpasse/Jimani (911), Ouanaminthe/Dajabon (993) and of Bellad?re/Elias Pi?a (486) and 517 unofficial crossings points. According to their testimony, some have been apprehended by the Dominican authorities in the street during migratory situation control, others on their workplace or home.
For the first quarter 2016, according to information compiled from the Support Group for Returnees and Refugees, 8,120 people were repatriated and 13,299 spontaneous returns have already identified.
Recall that from June 2015 to March 2016, according to the information released by the Directorate General of the Dominican, migration combined with those of organizations of human rights, which monitor the process at the border, 150,400 Haitians would have returned to Haiti. Approximately 23,983 foreigners of various nationality, mostly Haitians, were deported by the Dominican authorities and the balance being returns in Haiti, said “volunteers.”
Read more here.http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/04/14/150000-haitians-returning-dr-10-months/

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Official repatriation operations and returns qualified as “voluntary and spontaneous” of Haitian migrants living in an irregular migratory situation in the Dominican Republic, continue to the Haitian-Dominican border.
In March 2016, 5,600 Haitians returned to Haiti (2,907 returnees and 2,753 cases of voluntary returns) were recorded, less than in February where nearly 8,000 Haitian nationals had returned to the country.
These migrants repatriated, aged between 19 and 49 years, were returned in particular via the official border points Malpasse/Jimani (911), Ouanaminthe/Dajabon (993) and of Bellad?re/Elias Pi?a (486) and 517 unofficial crossings points. According to their testimony, some have been apprehended by the Dominican authorities in the street during migratory situation control, others on their workplace or home.
For the first quarter 2016, according to information compiled from the Support Group for Returnees and Refugees, 8,120 people were repatriated and 13,299 spontaneous returns have already identified.
Recall that from June 2015 to March 2016, according to the information released by the Directorate General of the Dominican, migration combined with those of organizations of human rights, which monitor the process at the border, 150,400 Haitians would have returned to Haiti. Approximately 23,983 foreigners of various nationality, mostly Haitians, were deported by the Dominican authorities and the balance being returns in Haiti, said “volunteers.”
Read more here.http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/04/14/150000-haitians-returning-dr-10-months/

This is fantastic news!
Now tell us how many Haitians crossed back across the border into the DR illegally?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Or how many of those arrove in Miami trying to take my job! Which was already vacant!
Der Fish

I think Haitians have taken over the taxi industry in Miami. Much like the Ethiopians have in the Wash. D.C area,, hard workers !!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Source of the article is this....

http://www.haitilibre.com/article-1...0-haitiens-de-retour-de-la-rd-en-10-mois.html

These are numbers being reported by the Haitian authorities and show a steady stream of monthly deportations and similar numbers of voluntary returns.

Haiti is actually trying to create job opportunities and there is now dialogue between the Dominican and Haitian authorities.

We don't know enough about any further leakage into DR through the border however we are told at official crossing points are more secure.

Everybody sees the Haitian numbers remaining within the country differently. My own take on the numbers in Santo Domingo is that you see many less than a year ago in the central areas. Fact is if they get stopped without documents they get deported....2907 in March reported of the total of the 5600 who returned. Dominican authorities are not saying anything.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
This is great news...as it should be. All countries should fervently guard their right to determine who has the right to stay.

I can't understand this;

Haitians enter the DR
They have no job prospects / who shall employ them / many people of Dominican extraction are unemployed as it is!
How will they earn money - as they need to eat?

Will those hungry people come and knock on your door.... or kick it in looking for 'food'?
Just because you entered the country 15 years ago illegally doesn't give you the right to stay

Just my thoughts

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Haitians enter the DR
They have no job prospects / who shall employ them / many people of Dominican extraction are unemployed as it is!

Will those hungry people come and knock on your door.... or kick it in looking for 'food'?
Just because you entered the country 15 years ago illegally doesn't give you the right to stay

Just my thoughts

Many Haitians do jobs that Dominicans just don't want to do, similar to migrants in other countries. Most come looking for work, not to kick doors in.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I think Haitians have taken over the taxi industry in Miami. Much like the Ethiopians have in the Wash. D.C area,, hard workers !!

Uber is gonna send them back to Haiti... ha ha

JJ

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
This is great news...as it should be. All countries should fervently guard their right to determine who has the right to stay.

I can't understand this;

Haitians enter the DR

Just my thoughts

I'm more of the opinion that it's a basic human right to determine where one wants to live.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm more of the opinion that it's a basic human right to determine where one wants to live.

Countries instead have the right to make laws as to who is allowed to live within their boarders. Anything else results in chaos.

Aug 6, 2006
But there are no misspelled words in his post.

He said "arrove" rather than "arrived". I think that is what this is about.

It's drive/ drove, rise /rose, and arrive/ arrove.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So, 150,000 left.

Judging by what I've seen since December, they all came back plus their uncle Jean.