Dutch lessons in Santo Domingo?

jihanem

Apr 17, 2016
Hello everyone!

Does anyone here offers dutch lessons in Santo Domingo? Or knows of a place that does?
I am interested in learning the language but it seems difficult finding lessons here.
For now I'm following an online course but it's not the same...

The only place I know is Academia Europea but it's a bit too expensive for me, as they only offer private lessons.

Any help/tips would be very appreciated!

Muchas gracias! :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Are you sure they teach Dutch in Academia Europea? I thought they teach German, English, Italian and French but no Dutch. I'd send my children immediately if they do, even if it will cost me more than I'd like.

jihanem

Apr 17, 2016
Are you sure they teach Dutch in Academia Europea? I thought they teach German, English, Italian and French but no Dutch. I'd send my children immediately if they do, even if it will cost me more than I'd like.

Yes! 100%! I called there last week to ask. They only offer private lessons though.
Call them up to get the all info. :)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Frank and Mauricio were the first two who came to mind. Hope you get it sorted.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Frank and Mauricio were the first two who came to mind. Hope you get it sorted.

I'm afraid I have too less patience to teach, my wife taught Spanish and English when we lived in Holland but her Dutch isn't good enough to teach.

Since a few years though a Dominican that wants to get a residents visa for the Netherlands needs to have a certain level of Dutch before applying, I'd say the embassy should be able to give you some contacts of teachers. 809-262-0300

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Since a few years though a Dominican that wants to get a residents visa for the Netherlands needs to have a certain level of Dutch before applying, I'd say the embassy should be able to give you some contacts of teachers. 809-262-0300

My wife had to pass this exam to get her visa for the Netherlands.
She had classes from a woman called Rosa.
She lived in NL for years and now teaches Dutch in SD (I think in Villa Mella).
I also know another friend who had classes from her.
I'm sure my wife will still have contact details if interested.