Question for Dominican women

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How to pick up decent women in DR.

After reading stories from Guys like Isaac or other heart stricken guys who are so desperately looking for the soulmates in DR, I am compelled to help them out with my experiences with DR women. I hope, I can be of some help to you all.

Let me give you guys some tips in understanding and charming Dominican women.
Over the years, I have noticed too many guys simply get taken for ?pendejos? (suckers) for being gentlemen in DR (and all around the world). Let me try to make your lives a bit easier by giving you guys a little help in picking up decent girls in DR.
?Hi, baby, can I buy you a drink?? this stuff only worked in discos in the early 80?s; if you dare say that to anyone here, you will be the laughing stock of the whole group?not to mention, she might just order drinks for everyone on the table (including her boyfriend).
So having said that, lets get started:

First of all, never act or look impatient. Don?t act out of desperation and never talk fast in anxiety. Look and act cool as if you don?t need a girl to cheer you up. Don?t look around too much in any restaurant / bar / disco and don?t try to stare into any girl?s eyes. Dress well (no old jeans and a baseball cap?certainly no shorts). Look around and see how the rest of the people are dressed and then dress accordingly. Girls know about clothing labels and are very conscious of everything that you have on you, including your watch. They watch the way you eat, talk, drink and how you carry yourself. Unlike men (who stare at a cute girl like a hungry dog looking through the window of a meat shop) women check out men very quickly, like an object being scanned in a super market?s checkout counter. They look and scan for exactly what they want.
Women also prefer men who are at least halfway decent looking. Women in DR are not very picky so you don?t have to be Richard Gere to score. If you work out in a gym and have built up the upper body strength, you will be the most desirable when it comes to physical appearance. It helps if you are below 40 yrs of age, in good health and a professional (ex: engineer, doctor, business owner etc).

Dominican girls love extranjeros (foreigner), especially if you are younger looking man. They believe the foreign men treat women with respect and stick to only one woman. Most Dominican girls (that you will come in contact with) would only prefer foreign men. The upper class Dominican society doesn?t really interact with anyone from outside of their social circle (Dominican or not). Those women and men would not prefer getting married with foreigners. They stick to their own class.

Ok, so now lets get to the point:
Contrary to the popular belief: ?women prefer gentlemen?.? The nice guy stuff?. Forget it. Only the older/desperate women with a dozen kids are looking for Mr. nice guy; in reality, the good looking young girls are looking for the bad guy. That?s the bitter truth. Now ask yourself this question: how many times you nice guys have been dumped by a cute girl for a bad guy?who treated them like garbage?
That is the case here, if you treat a young girl with too much respect and play the Mr. nice guy?s role, you will be railroaded. You will be taken in for a sucker. Which mean, you pay for her and for her friends when you take her out. She will never be willing to be with you alone and instead will always invite her friend to go out in a group with you. You will always play the cab driver?s role (picking them up and taking them home); pay for everything and only get a kiss on the cheek. Those types of girls will use you and abuse you to the end limit. They will take your kind gesture for weakness and will capitalize on it. If you would to marry her, you will end up supporting her whole family and work like a dog. So get rid of this Mr. nice guy mentality and get on with the game plan.

Now having said that, I will get to the next stage.
Be nice but always be in control of the situation. Never let the woman get hold of the control on a date. Never let her decide what and where she would like to go. Find your interest in it first then agree on the rest. Ex: if a woman will decide where to go then I can assure you that the place will be very expensive and you will be relieved of a lot of dinero but you will only get a kiss on the cheek in the end. Instead, you choose and guide her through the plans (even boss her around) but in a calm & kindly manner. Never lose your cool.
Women love a guy who is authentically funny (not memorized lines from a movie) but a person who comes up with good lines at the very appropriate time. Ex: I was told that Robert was extremely funny (in a very pleasant way); I am sure this aspect of his personality gets him very far with many women. Am I right, ROB?

Don?t be afraid when you propose something to a woman, if you gitter you are toasted.
Women love a guy who stands with confidence at all times. A man who is not only intelligent but also confident. Don?t talk about world politics or about formula 1 racing. They know nothing about this stuff and will only feel stupid for not understanding your conversation. Stick to the things she wants to talk about but make her laugh when the situation calls for. If she is laughing (but with you and not at you) then you are all set.

When you bring her to your home, always have the place organized and clean. Women love an organized guy. They hate men who drink excessively and live like pigs. You want to impress a woman, take her to your clean / organized home and impress her with your cooking. She will never forget that date. She will mention you to other cute girlfriends and guess what, other girls would also want a piece of you. Professional men are very scarce in Santiago so women would resort to stealing their friend?s boyfriends. What more can a guy ask for in life?.?

Never get into the marriage discussion from the beginning of the relationship. The women would think that you are desperate and will take you for a loser. Always say: ? I need to get to know you better before I will even consider marriage?. Now just enjoy the fun; she will do whatever in her powers to win your heart.

Make her wait and not be available to her everyday. Act like you are busy and unable to see her. You would be surprised when she would end up at your door step to see you out of desperation.

In conclusion:
One must dress well and be neat looking. Must stick to a good sense of (original) humor and always hold intelligent conversation, but never try to make her look stupid.
Be in control and boss her around (but in a non invasive manner). Don?t call her too much and don?t be available to her everyday. Let her have time to miss you a little. Take her to nice places where she will feel like a princess but don?t blow your whole wallet on her. If you would to be honest about your financial situation and not act like a big shot, she will understand you and not take advantage of you. Dominican girls love an honest guy for a change. So be open and honest.
Work out at the Gold?s gym and make your upper body strong. Women don?t like skinny men but worship a built guy. So if you carry a Budha belly, get into action at your local gym.
Eat with your mouth close and don?t talk while you are chewing. If you hang out with me, don?t chew ice, it drives me nuts. If you do that, I will tell all the women that you are a homosexual.

In reality, all that is coming from personal experience. If you (politically correct) guys dispute any of the points that I have mentioned, I challenge you to compare your women with mine, in terms of quality and quantity.
I am an average looking guy (going bald) not the most intelligent and not rich in terms of wealth. I am no sex machine and may not be your dream man (ladies) but I make up for my lacking by being myself, honest and original. I must admit, I do have certain advantages over our average gringos; I look santiaguiro but I throw people off with my accent. Then when I tell them about my origin, they just go?wow?how did you end up here?.what brought you here to Dominican republic. My answer?.American airlines :)
Good luck.

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Picking up decent women in the DR

Well I guess my take is a little different.

If you want to pick up women in the DR DONT DO A FREAKIN thing!

Sheesh, if you cant get laid in the DR you either aren't there OR maybe you have no legs, arms or a dick. My goodness, you don't have to work at picking up women, you need a freakin baseball bat to beat them over theirs heads with to KEEP EM AWAY.

Go to a bar, a disco or even to a restaurant and just stand there and you will have your choice. If they ask you to buy them a drink you tell them what you are having and tell them you want them to pay.

And people think Criss is a legend in his own mind:)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
jazzcom, i agree 100% with you on your technique to pick up a "woman" in DR. In fact, if you show her 500 peso bill, you can bypass the drink business and get to the point in a short time. However, I was refering to picking up "decent dominican women" in DR. Those old puta tricks would not hold well with them in santiago. Trust me on that.
In any case, I was trying to help guys who were not looking for quick action but were in the market to find a soulmate for long term relationship.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Weirdos

Man, you guys could fill Art Bell's show every night. What kind of drugs are you on, or do you really believe yourselves?

Janice

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: How to pick up decent women in DR.

AZB said:
Ex: I was told that Robert was extremely funny (in a very pleasant way); I am sure this aspect of his personality gets him very far with many women. Am I right, ROB?

Maybe I look funny and it makes them curious?
I'm just me, thats as much as I can tell you.

Most Dominican girls (that you will come in contact with) would only prefer foreign men. The upper class Dominican society doesn?t really interact with anyone from outside of their social circle (Dominican or not). Those women and men would not prefer getting married with foreigners. They stick to their own class.

How do I put this?

At last, someone that actually makes mention of this. Yes, most visitors and foreigners will not come into contact with this circle(s).

I feel for this reason, some have low opinion of Dominican woman and Dominicans in general. I have met some very well educated, smart and independent woman here, that could stand on their own in any city on this planet.

What am I trying to say? Don't paint every female here with the same brush, I think you know what I mean.

Regardless of what some people may say AZB, I think that was a well written piece, lots of valuable info and lots of it on the money.

"From Chopa to Princesa in 12 easy steps" Author: AZB

Elainita

Jan 8, 2002
Interesting....

Wow.... Guys.... I did not know boys have to learn all that to get a girl in DR.... Mannnn....!!!! Poor guys.... how can you be honest, funny and unique.... if apparently you cannot be yourself with so many guidelines to follow.... aahhh???? OOh well, I guess I do not have to worry about it... unless we get into the Male subject!
;P

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
jazzcom, i agree 100% with you on your technique to pick up a "woman" in DR. In fact, if you show her 500 peso bill, you can bypass the drink business and get to the point in a short time. However, I was refering to picking up "decent dominican women"

First off 500- pesos is quite a lot. Only a Turkey would pay 500 pesos for a woman in the DR in my opinion. If you need a whore you can find many for 300 pesos or less. Frankly if your only thought is to screw a woman I would even suggest a whore. The price difference is minimal and you can get about a weeks worth of woman for a hundred dollars US. A woman will cost you more after wine and dinner and of course flowers and gas etc.. You don't even have to wake up to someone you don't like. They won't ask you why you were late, why you drank so much and they won't ask you for much more than you bargained for. <for the most part>

Guess that depends on who's definition of DECENT you use. By your own statement you said that the UPPER class won't go below their class. Americans are actually in the UPPER class in the DR. I don't know how Pakis or Indians are treated in the DR. Where I have traveled and where I live they are not treated in that manner nor well at all. I treat people as individuals and have no bad feelings except for idiots.

Depending on where you come from I guess. In the US class has a lot to do with how you carry yourself, how you live, who you are from and how much money you have. I don't think that people that claim to be whore masters are considered people of class even in the DR so that must leave you out anyway:)

AZB said:
in DR. Those old puta tricks would not hold well with them in santiago. Trust me on that. In any case, I was trying to help guys who were not looking for quick action but were in the market to find a soulmate for long term relationship.
[/B]

Puta tricks? You have to let me know what you are saying. I don't understand.

No offense meant but what you write on a message board to people looking for a soul mate will NOT help them get soul. You remind me of a guy that works in a bowling alley on a show called ED. Don't know if you have seen it or not but the guy is a riot.

Jane J said:
Note to jazzcom:

Even the guys without arms and legs are, um, gettin' some...
[/B]

You forgot to mention dickies...
How can you get some without "um"? I need some help here! LMAO

Janice said:
Man, you guys could fill Art Bell's show every night. What kind of drugs are you on, or do you really believe yourselves?
[/B]

I believe everything I write and some things I don't write! You can quote me at anytime:)

Robert Numero Uno said:
At last, someone that actually makes mention of this. Yes, most visitors and foreigners will not come into contact with this circle(s).

I feel for this reason, some have low opinion of Dominican woman and Dominicans in general. I have met some very well educated, smart and independent woman here, that could stand on their own in any city on this planet.

What am I trying to say? Don't paint every female here with the same brush, I think you know what I mean.

Regardless of what some people may say AZB, I think that was a well written piece, lots of valuable info and lots of it on the money.
[/B]

How in the world can he be right on the money if most visitors and foreigners will NOT come into contact with the circles people pine for?

Curiouser and curiouser every moment...

Scott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Jazzcom...

"Robert Numero Uno" Your go far...

"How in the world can he be right on the money if most visitors and foreigners will NOT come into contact with the circles people pine for?"

AZB observations in my opinion are right on the money.
This is the benefit of living and working here.
You get to see whats it's really like.
As I said, most foreigners, not all.

"Americans are actually in the UPPER class in the DR."
I don't think so! Maybe in the social circles you mix in?
Middle class in the DR, yes.

I hate to say it, quite a few (not all) Americans I know have this "Stupid Dominican's" attitude.
I think they have a problem telling the difference between stupidity and ignorance.
They also have a big problem differentiating between the whores and the girls that have good jobs, educated and independent. Not every girl can be bought for RD$500.

What am I trying to say?

Most foreigners do not or do not get the opportunity to really mix in
middle class or upper class social circles here. For this reason
they tend to hold a negative opinion of Dominicans or should I say the Dominicans they come into contact with.

Let the hate mail begin!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Golf...aka: how to pick up women

In order to play good golf you have to do most ,if not all of the following:

1) make sure the "V'''S of the grip point to right shoulder
2) align along flightpath
3) back straight
4) chin up
5) left arm straight
6) slow take-away
7) weight along the insides of your legs
8) brace the back swing with a strong right side
...etc
......etc
..........etc

Needless to say, If you have to think about all these swing keys every time you try to hit the ball, not only will you play very bad golf, but you will not enjoy yourself. Professionals do all these...but not because they think about it before every swing, but because they have practiced them for decades...

What does this have to do with AZB's list?...If you go to a bar..see a pretty woman...then take out your multi-point list of do's and dont's...then you will not suceed and you will have a rotten time....so....the key is to be yourself....and if that doesnt work...then either make slow changes ....or....just go somewhere else where your "self" will be appreciated...

What works (worked) for me?......smile.....be happy.....enjoy....and do wear nice clothes ...you'll feel better and look better..

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"If you need a whore you can find many for 300 pesos or less.". Jazzcom.
One has to wonder, where the hell have you been looking for love? If this is your reality of dominican republic then I suggest you shouldn't even try to understand my posting.
What I am talking about is way out of your league.

"Americans are actually in the UPPER class in the DR." Jazzcom

yes, if you compare them to chopos or to your 300 pesos hookers.
Let me tell you this, most americans can't afford to live like the way we do in santiago or in santo domingo. Mind you i am a paki.

Jazzcom, why do you even bother to even participate on this forum when your knowledge of DR is less than zero. You think you can spend 2 weeks in a resort then begin to act like a DR1 info expert?
No offense, but i suggest you should read and learn from us who actually live and breath dominican air on daily bases.
Girls like PIB would eat you up and spit you out like a chewing gum. Be aware of the real dominican women.
have a nice day.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
AZB

Are you guys for real or what? A handbook on how to pick up women in the DR! These posts have got me roaring......all you guys are out to freakin lunch!! My Wife is one of the best looking ladies I've ever seen and I've never followed any of this sh**! You guys need a doctor!....Jim ....."don't act that way....be that way"....LOL,LOL..a hundred times!!!! Janice is the only one that has made a comment that I'm wondering about! The rest is pure laughable bullsh**!!(Yes you too Robert!) ARE YOU GUYS ON DRUGS???? Get real guys!!! If you guys have to "compare notes" on how to get a women......your in deep trouble!!!AZB.....I thought you were an intelligent guy here on the board? Guess it's true.....you learn something new every day!!!LOL... AZB you should write a book on this....and you could sell it at a "one of a kind" type store!!!!Just make one copy though....LOL. This is the type of Sh** that in in the back 20 or so pages of Hustler!!!!Robert and the rest of you.....do you really think you must live in the DR to be able to "pick up" a upper class Dominican??? What a thread!!!!!LOL

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I think I stepped into the wrong magazine...

Is this Cosmos' "10 Ways to Find the Man of Your Dreams" DR1 version 2.1? OMG guys! Do you really think that all that makes any sense? Next thing I know you will be posting "Finding Your Perfect Partner Using the Horoscope". I think I will show this to all my friends. We could use a good laughter.

:rolleyes:

"Notice they do not so much fly as plummet..."

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
AZB's post: an analysis

AZB:

Although you are generally right in many aspects, most of the stuff you describe is applicable anywhere in the world.

What is a real truth in DR is that the ugliest, chubbiests, skinniest,and sometimes even less educated have the best women. Dominican women have terrible taste, or they search for something other than beauty and physical prowess. True, when it comes to "liking a man" they go for the hulks. But when it comes to marriage and living with a guy they go with the normal Dominican or foreigner.

Factors that never fail conquering women in DR are money, power, self-confidence and self-sufficiency. There are lots of body builders who can't get laid more than a few times after being getting dumped for a regular guy with the qualities above.

I am a example of this. With only 140 lbs., over 40, thinning hair,bad attitude,bad sense of humor,arrogant,distaste for children,anti-social, and many other bad habits that normally are repudiated by Dominican society I can get almost any woman I want. I have the pick of the litter, except for high society bitches, for which I have no attraction, because I do not want to be controlled by their families. Society people have a control over their men and women, to the point where you entire life depends on social relationships. I do not accept any controls. I am my own law. However, if I were willing to sacrifice that independence, society women would be no problem either. I am one of them, but on the rebel side.

You walk around Santo Domingo and you see beauties walking around hand in hand with some of the ugliest specimens in mankind. There are no rules here. A man who can't score in DR is either homosexual or a nerd.

TW

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"I" Criss Colon will now "Bestow Ultimate Wisdom"!

Treat "ALL' women with the respect they deserve! There are no "High Class","Low Class",or "Medium Class" womem,only "Women"!!! We all,men and women,come in all;colors,sizes,ages,shapes,economic circumstances,educations,faiths,nationalities,and that makes us "differant,not,"Better or Worse""AZB" is fond of the word,"chopa",which is very insulting to use to "label" any woman! Most of this "so-call" information is coming from men who are not married("By Choice" they will protest) or have a serious relationship!My experiance has been that a man who is "Self-Confident"is atractive to most women.A man who does not have to prove "anything"! Not his "wealth",not his sense-of-humor,not his intelligence,not his masculinity,not his "pedigree",Nothing! He is just "himself".The "Lady" doesn,t have to be shown anything!If she likes what she sees and hears,and experiances while in your company,she will let you know!The physical,and material things come and go!When I was "Young and Stupid" like most of these guys,I used to see 50 year old couples who seemed,"very much in love"!I wondered;"How can this guy be with this old lady? How can they make love? Now I know! They are really "In-Love"They have a "Relationship" built over many years.That is how to find a "Relationship"! (That said,I am not a "Good Example"when it comes to being a "Faithful" husband) At least not in USA culture! I am "faithful" in Dominican Culture!The, "Don,t ask don,t tell" rule will be in effect"!!No "Family members",no "Neighbors",and no women from Work! I am working on this "Problem",but so far the temptation has been to powerful! "Satan get thee behind me"! Criss Colon

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"My experiance has been that a man who is "Self-Confident"is atractive to most women." Criss colon

Golo, you are the prime example of what criss described above. You have all the ingredients that a young (beautiful) woman wants, wealth, intelligence, style, elegance sports car, rudeness and arrogance. Most young beautiful class-conscious girls would go for you in a heartbeat. However, most of the newcomers who come to DR (in search for a beautiful young soul mate) aren't born with such qualities. That?s why most end up with the wrong girl (the first one they sleep with) and suffer for the rest of their lives.
You are also right about Dominican women having poor taste in men. I have also seen many beautiful young girls going out with ugly looking men from hell. In many cases, I have found the men to be either very wealthy / powerful or the girl to be simply from a barrio. The moment she would open her mouth to say something, her true colors would show instantly. I have seen some of the prettiest girls live in poor barrios who are intimidated by men of better neighborhoods. They, instead, prefer to go out with their local pineapple faced tigres.

Doug, I am glad you found your soul mate without going through all the trouble. I am also relieved to see that you got a good laughter out of reading this thread. Good laughter alone will cure many illnesses and will make way for a healthier life. So enjoy it while this thread lasts.

I am not surprised that a few women found my post to be offensive or humorous at best. This post is not for your understanding. Only single men know what I am talking about.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
AZB

AZB:

Let me tell you about the lack of judgement and taste of Dominican women. When I was in my twenties and early thirties I was so handsome I thought I could never miss with any girl. Well, I had my share of failures. Today, I am not even a shadow of what I was in physical terms, but I can't miss now.

It seems good looks and youth can carry you so far. What is really key to this is experience, self-confidence and power over the weak sex.

Women have to be overpowered and swept away by qualities they don't even know we have. They try to outsmart you, but then they find real sleek dudes who take no shit, and that's the guy who scores.

I have this nasty habit of not even looking at real good looking women. I make them feel like the are nobodies. Make them feel insecure. Don't even ask them to dance. let them sit. Pick up another one who is uglier to dance sitting next to her. Then at the right moment, you strike!! It never fails. No sweet talk, no caballero garbage, just overpower the prey.

One time I drove by this group of 3 women and stopped my car and said a few nice things. When one of them asked me who I was referring to I picked the ugliest one. The next time I met the group the nicest one was all over me. Then I struck! That's how it works here. She could not stand the fact that an uglier woman would catch a guy before her. The image she had in her mind is that while she rides in a passola with a neighborhood guy, her ugly friend would be riding a nice car. Sorry girls, but that's is DR.

TW

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Whores??

The only thing I don't like about whores is this horrible name.
I like whores and I actively seek their company. Am I supposed to
bring my cooking utensils or Armani suits all the way from San Francisco
just to seduce a chicka?
Anyway I select my whores according to their vocational skills.
Where else in the world can you invite a "10" of a spanish teacher over
for a slumber party for about mil pesos?

By the way ABC the girls I hang out with wouldn't talk to you
in your beatup Toyota either.

Regards X.