Immigrating to Canada

Dominicanbug

May 18, 2016
My third time to the Dominican Republic and love every minute being here.

Would anyone out there have any suggestions on the proper paper work to fill out while I am here in the DR ,to help with my wifes immigration to Canada. I thought it would be easier to fill out some of the papers here,and take them back with me.

thank you for any suggestions :

Last edited by a moderator:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Would anyone out there have any suggestions on the proper paper work to fill out while I am here in the DR ,to help with my wifes immigration to Canada. I thought it would be easier to fill out some of the papers here,and take them back with me.

Well before you can take her to Canada, you need to get your marriage certificate certified and translated, her birth certificate also, copy of passport. You then will need to take that to immigration in Canada. Puerto Plata will not help out as the consulate has nothing to do with immigration, as well as Santo Domingo as of a few months ago. There is a VAC in Santo Domingo, you may go there to to see what else, but the Embassy and or consulate won't help out, as they will say they have nothing to do with immigration.....Good luck getting your wife to Canada .......

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Applications to immigrate to Canada are now being processed in Mexico. Fill out the application together with your wife with all required documents, and send it to Mississauga Ontario where they will first approve or deny you as a sponsor. Once you are approved as a sponsor your application will be forwarded to Mexico.

Everything you need is in this link, Sponsor your spouse to Canada

There is a great support group on Facebook called Dominicano spouses.

Good luck

iosman000

Nov 20, 2019
My third time to the Dominican Republic and love every minute being here.

Would anyone out there have any suggestions on the proper paper work to fill out while I am here in the DR, to help with my wifes immigration to Canada.

I thought it would be easier to fill out some of the papers here, and take them back with me.

thanks my issue has been fixed. You then will need to take that to immigration in Canada. Puerto Plata will not help out as the consulate has nothing to do with immigration, as well as Santo Domingo as of a few months ago. There is a VAC in Santo Domingo, you may go there to to see what else, but the Embassy and or consulate won't help out.