Itbis

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
These questions are for all the DR business owners here on dr1.

When you pay ITBIS taxes to the DR government I would assume they keep records of your payments correct?
Do they set up an account for every business (RNC)?

If this is the case, where would you go to check your ITBIS balance?
Any address and/or online address?

TIA

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Dgii.gob.do

As a Business owner you will get a username (RNC) and password where you can declare your taxes and also see the history of what you declared and paid.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Thanks Mauricio.
I visited the website and have a couple of questions.

Once an RNC number is registered with a password do you have immediate access to your ITBIS payment history or
do you have to wait three weeks?

Also re: the 'Fiscal solution' whereby the government monitors all your sales transactions electronically, is this optional,
or do you have to have this equipment installed?

TIA

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The goverment wants to install a fiscal printer for invoices but business owners most of then do not want to have it because all of them use double account. Goverment created blocks of digits called Fiscal Invoice blocks where every business has to print their invoices to be reported to the DGII. Thats the way goverment track the invoices for ITBIS payments.

In the places that you buy that they print all the invoices with fiscal value code they dont pocket money, in the places where they ask you if you want the invoice with fiscal value well hard to say if they report the real amount of their sales to the goverment.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
The goverment wants to install a fiscal printer for invoices but business owners most
of then do not want to have it because all of them use double account. Goverment created blocks of digits
called Fiscal Invoice blocks where every business has to print their invoices to be reported to the DGII.
Thats the way goverment track the invoices for ITBIS payments.

Thanks Riva, so what I'd like to know is do you have to install this hardware or not?
Maybe you or someone else can explain exactly how it works?

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Why don't you have an accountant doing this?

Our business is just starting out. We definitely will be getting an accountant later.
We just received our first shipment and our broker already 'lost' one piece that was shipped
and is currently withholding our receipts.

That is one reason why I am asking about tracking ITBIS payments.
Can we go online and see if the full amount was paid?
If so, how long would it take for us to see this?
Are we talking hours, days or weeks?
Thanks!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I may be wrong here but my understanding is that your monthly ITBIS returns have to be done by an accountant.

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
I may be wrong here but my understanding is that your monthly ITBIS returns have to be done by an accountant.

Maybe not all businesses are created/treated the same, but I have a friend who was selling construction materials in SD and they
did their monthly ITBIS returns themselves (no accountant).

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Dgii.gob.do

As a Business owner you will get a username (RNC) and password where you can declare your taxes and also see the history of what you declared and paid.

If you haven't made any sales yet, will you still be able to see your ITBIS balance?
A balance reflecting the amount of ITBIS tax you paid when you imported goods in DR?