Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Anyone know a taxi driver that can take me from POP to Santiago?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Anyone know a taxi driver that can take me from POP to Santiago?

    I am currently staying at a resort in Puerto Plata and have heard that taxi drivers around here overcharge tourists. If anyone can refer me a taxi driver willing to charge cheaper than a driver I know (who charged $100 roundtrip) it would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You an take the Metro (Bus) from POP to Santiago round trip. There and back the same day for mouse nuts. Take the first bus out, and the last bus back. Get tickets in advance. Comfortable and AC.

  3. Likes AnnaC liked this post
  4. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,396
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Place Like Home View Post
    You an take the Metro (Bus) from POP to Santiago round trip. There and back the same day for mouse nuts. Take the first bus out, and the last bus back. Get tickets in advance. Comfortable and AC.
    Also Caribe Tours goes even more often than Metro. Both good and cheap.

  5. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    Also Caribe Tours goes even more often than Metro. Both good and cheap.
    If you take Caribe Tours I suggest getting off at the second stop which is a block away from the Metro station in Santiago. Better part of town, closer to restaurants and stores.

  6. Likes SKY, BermudaRum liked this post
  7. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think 100$ is overcharging to be honest. Or do you only count gas?

  8. Likes caribmike, Harleysrock liked this post
  9. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You don't say when, nor why a round trip. Is this to take you to Santiago for a bit of shopping? Put out a few more posts and I can PM you and offer a solution.

  10. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    I don't think 100$ is overcharging to be honest. Or do you only count gas?
    My cost for diesel fuel ro Santiago airport and back is about 650 pesos. I am aware that it is an economical vehicle, but a limo couldn't cost $100.00 in fuel to Punta Cana and back.

  11. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    My cost for diesel fuel ro Santiago airport and back is about 650 pesos. I am aware that it is an economical vehicle, but a limo couldn't cost $100.00 in fuel to Punta Cana and back.
    So you count only gas ? Is the driver a volunteer you think?

  12. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    17,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The OP needs to give more details.

    Is this a quick round-trip to pick someone up at the airport?

    Are they going shopping or to a doctor's appointment, and expect the driver to hang around a couple/few of hours waiting for them?

    Too many variables.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  13. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    So you count only gas ? Is the driver a volunteer you think?
    NO I don't drive as a volunteer in this type of situation, but just pointing out that, yes I feel that $100.00 for a trip to Santiago and back is excessive. For those who generally make 1000 pesos pr day it would be quite a windfall.
    Der Fish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO