Lightening detectors for the DR

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've been reading the details of the project at www.blitzortung.org that produces the lightening strikes on the map at www.lightningmaps.org.

The equipment isn't all that expensive but some electrical assembly and soldering skills are needed to assemble the detector kits. Might be a worthwhile project for someone who plans to live here for a while. A single centrally located detector in say Santiago would greatly improve the coverage on the island. A total of three, west, central and east would cover the whole island in detail.

I would think that hardcore storm nuts would be all over this here if they knew about the project.

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've been reading the details of the project at www.blitzortung.org that produces the lightening strikes on the map at www.lightningmaps.org.

The equipment isn't all that expensive but some electrical assembly and soldering skills are needed to assemble the detector kits. Might be a worthwhile project for someone who plans to live here for a while. A single centrally located detector in say Santiago would greatly improve the coverage on the island. A total of three, west, central and east would cover the whole island in detail.

I would think that hardcore storm nuts would be all over this here if they knew about the project.

Staring at a computer screen all day watching lighting strikes on a map.
Wow! Why I didn?t I think of this? :cheeky: