Property lien registration and lawyer cost

champ

Dec 2, 2006
Just to protect my condo investment what is the legal cost,court and lawyer cost to put a lien and or a $100,000 u.s. dollar mortgage security against a condo that was purchased and paid in full without having the final individual title and then to get the lein released once the individual titles are received,,the full condo project does have a complete title and desclende etc.,location is on the north coast

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I think your screwed.. no individual titles no deslinde..it's waiting game...plus you don't own condo now ,just a piece of paper that say you bought.. worthless till taxes in your name and deslinde done..plus good luck getting builder sign that roflmfao...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
It could still be perfectly fine. But you should get a lawyer. It sounds like you purchased directly from the developer?
Too late now but having a law office rep and advise you for the closing would have been a few hundred dollars.

Jan 9, 2004
Just to protect my condo investment what is the legal cost,court and lawyer cost to put a lien and or a $100,000 u.s. dollar mortgage security against a condo that was purchased and paid in full without having the final individual title and then to get the lein released once the individual titles are received,,the full condo project does have a complete title and desclende etc.,location is on the north coast

A question for a Dominican lawyer...but from a legal perspective it sounds like you are now trying to call payment for a condo purchase a mortgage, and then establish a lien on the entire project.

Purely from a developers perspective, there is no way I would allow that now. The time to get a security interest in the project would have been at your time of purchase.

Perhaps there is a statute/law allowing this now, but I tend to doubt it.

Good luck.....and do contact a reputable lawyer. Not having titles is a common occurrence here, so perhaps there is some solution. The problem I see is you already gave the money and the time to protect your interest may have been the day you paid the money.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You should contact a real estate attorney.

If you have the proper documents it is possible to file suit in the Land Court asking for the conveyance of your unit; the suit would then be automatically recorded against the title.