Price Fares Motoconchos / Restaurants suggestions....

fiocco

Mar 26, 2016
Hi Guys! Finally Booked! Las Terrenas for 12 days id November. I need some help from you that living there. How much are the Price Fares of the Motoconcho? Have Las Terrenas (from the Center to the Sea) , walkable distance? Any suggestions for where go to eat? Local Restaurant not Michelin Stars Restaurant. And one more IMPORTANT thing: I HATE the CORIANDER/CILANTRO... is it easy to order food without it? Thanks a lot :)

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
The motoconchoprices depend on distance and if its day or night. On daytime the locals pay for short distances 25-30 Pesos, if as a gringo you give them 50 there's no hassle. I don't know after which distance the price doubles, but with 50 you can get to anywhere in the Center. After midnight the prices may double, depends on the driver.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Guys! Finally Booked! Las Terrenas for 12 days id November. I need some help from you that living there. How much are the Price Fares of the Motoconcho? Have Las Terrenas (from the Center to the Sea) , walkable distance? Any suggestions for where go to eat? Local Restaurant not Michelin Stars Restaurant. And one more IMPORTANT thing: I HATE the CORIANDER/CILANTRO... is it easy to order food without it? Thanks a lot :)

First of all where are you staying that is in the center of town? There are many restaurant choices. Pizza Azzul has a very good menu and reasonable prices. It is on the beach across from Peseo Plaza. There are a couple of Dominican restaurants in the center of town that have good food at very good prices. There are a number of restaurants in the Fisherman's village of bars and restaurants at the beginning of the beach road to Playa Ballenas. These are priced mid-range to expensive. It really depends on what you are willing to eat every night. Where are you flying into? If you are coming from Canada and flying into El Catey AZS the taxi fare from the airport in around $70usd. Yes, expensive. You might to be a share a ride and split the cost. Do you have any language skills. Don't know what dishes might has coriander/cilantro. I never noticed this as being overlly used. Good luck and good travels.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Try the local restaurants serving seafood etc behind the cemetery on the beach right in the centre of town. Many visitors never find this place.

https://www.google.com.do/maps/@19.3218208,-69.5383615,185m/data=!3m1!1e3

fiocco

Mar 26, 2016
The motoconchoprices depend on distance and if its day or night. On daytime the locals pay for short distances 25-30 Pesos, if as a gringo you give them 50 there's no hassle. I don't know after which distance the price doubles, but with 50 you can get to anywhere in the Center. After midnight the prices may double, depends on the driver.
Thanks Salsafan . Very appreciated.

fiocco

Mar 26, 2016
First of all where are you staying that is in the center of town? There are many restaurant choices. Pizza Azzul has a very good menu and reasonable prices. It is on the beach across from Peseo Plaza. There are a couple of Dominican restaurants in the center of town that have good food at very good prices. There are a number of restaurants in the Fisherman's village of bars and restaurants at the beginning of the beach road to Playa Ballenas. These are priced mid-range to expensive. It really depends on what you are willing to eat every night. Where are you flying into? If you are coming from Canada and flying into El Catey AZS the taxi fare from the airport in around $70usd. Yes, expensive. You might to be a share a ride and split the cost. Do you have any language skills. Don't know what dishes might has coriander/cilantro. I never noticed this as being overlly used. Good luck and good travels.
Thanks LTSteven, we will arrive in SD and after take the Bus to LT. Have a nice day.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks LTSteven, we will arrive in SD and after take the Bus to LT. Have a nice day.

Transporte Las Terrenas goes directly to LT. You can't get the bus at the airport but you can pick it up at the satellite bus station at the entrance to the SD/Samana Highway. You will need to take a taxi from the airport to this station. I believe the last bus leaves the city around 3PM. It's about a half hour to get out to where you will meet the bus. Good luck and good travels.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Transporte Las Terrenas goes directly to LT. You can't get the bus at the airport but you can pick it up at the satellite bus station at the entrance to the SD/Samana Highway. You will need to take a taxi from the airport to this station. I believe the last bus leaves the city around 3PM. It's about a half hour to get out to where you will meet the bus. Good luck and good travels.

LT buses fill up early at SD terminus so be early there and never rely on finding a seat en route. The 3pm bus is a small one that goes through Samana over the hills to LT and stops alot and is usually full early