Tablet Screen Repair

kmfjd

Apr 11, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering if there was anywhere i could go to have the screen replaced on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1? The screen is basically shattered but still functions (can click/open things). Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With the large variety of Samsung tablet versions sold, the likelihood of a local repair is rather small unless you already have a source for the replacement screen.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
You would most likely get better results if you mention what area you wish to
investigate for the repair. In any event, although I have forgotten the name and
exact location of the place, in Andres BC just a block or so North of the old sugar
cane roundabout (east side entrance from Boca Chica) there is a repair shop which
will attempt about any computer/element repair. The shop sits next to a moto
repair shop, think it has an old Claro sign out front. Never had an issue with the
product after repair. good luck.

kmfjd

Apr 11, 2016
Thanks for the replies, i've replaced the screen on a galaxy s1 before, tablets should be easier i suppose. How good are ebay delivery estimates :)

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Replace a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Screen

Hello,

I was wondering if there was anywhere i could go to have the screen replaced on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1? The screen is basically shattered but still functions (can click/open things). Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

[video=youtube;ogVhYYakE6A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogVhYYakE6A[/video]

kmfjd

Apr 11, 2016
Well i have the parts but for the life of me i can't get the glass off as i have no heat gun, and the hair dryer we have here just will not get hot enough, are there any repair shops that would be able to help/recommended?

Thanks

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Well i have the parts but for the life of me i can't get the glass off as i have no heat gun, and the hair dryer we have here just will not get hot enough, are there any repair shops that would be able to help/recommended?

Thanks

take it to a guy who fixes them for a living. he has the tools, and he has know how and experience. it is not as if it is going to cost much, anyway. why take the risk of doing it yourself to save 10 dollars and ruin the device.

kmfjd

Apr 11, 2016
take it to a guy who fixes them for a living. he has the tools, and he has know how and experience. it is not as if it is going to cost much, anyway. why take the risk of doing it yourself to save 10 dollars and ruin the device.

My thinking exactly! know any reliable places in Sosua/Cabarete?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012

Thanks
I don't know about the old tablets but for most glass only repairs is VERY risky. You might try but it can take too much of your time without properly working device. I tried to change couple of broken glass screen with heat gun, deck of playing cards and parts with removing tools ordered from ebay. And it isn't easy as it seems on youtube. Shattered glass parts is hard and sharp and digitizer part are like egg shell, it breaks and scratches very easily. And let's not forget about putting the glass back perfectly on a cleaned digitizer without any pieces left or scratches. No matter what they say or cheap price of $$ instead of $$$, those glued pieces of glass aren't that easy to take off. I would not attempt this unless you had previous experience.

This I would recommend.
My co worker were able to take it to local shop and change the glass only and I believe it wasn't that expensive.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
In Sosua, standing in front of Baileys Restaurant look East and across the street and you'll see a little clapboard shack. Couple of guys in there that do repairs and are very good.